67 Mustang heart transplant surgery in progress...

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
Stock 289 coming out, '90 forged 302 going in (stock engine, just for a good runaround) Next thing its getting is a 4 speed toploader. Me and my bro (airmenair) worked about 4 hours today getting it out, first motor pull for both of us, its his car. New motor will go in a few weeks/months :lol:

Pics...

Its out!!
12-230032.jpg

New heart.
12-230082.jpg

Both engines.
12-230842.jpg

12-230832.jpg

Longtubes are love.
12-230882.jpg

Ford. Racing.
12-230852.jpg

I love Ford. Comments welcome...just don't be rude :lol:

Last edited:
Sweet project! '67 was the best year for Mustangs IMO. :D

Its going to be carbed, the intake thats on there is my GT40 lower that I was going to put on my 91 coupe.

Sweet project! Another Mustang project to add around here :D

I'm in a the process of my 302->408 swap, CraigB is restoring a '87 stang, and you guys are swapping in a 302, perfect :D. Seeing those longtubes are making me pray that they fit in mine :p

Keep us updated, looks like you're making great progress so far!

I love these things.

If I could afford a third car (after a modern daily, and a circuit / AutoX thing), I'd have a 67 convertible as a weekend cruiser.

UPDATE:

School has made progress slow on the car since December but now that summer is here I actually have some time to work. Here are a few before and after shots. Got the engine bay painted and now the engine has got a fresh coat of paint.

Before shots of the engine

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0411.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg

DSC_0413.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

After shots of the engine

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

Engine bay painted, not sure if I have any before shots...

DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

Kind of hard to tell the difference without some previous shots but it does look alot better and I still have some pieces to paint around the engine bay.

More updates to follow with more work!

What kind of paint did you use for the block? Something like Duplicolor high heat enamle or something?

Do I spy some Lime Gold paint on that pony? You best be keeping it that color, or at least going with the new version, Legend Lime, like I did.

Also, looking good, and great to see its going to be a driver.

Click the car in my sig for my thread.

What kind of paint did you use for the block? Something like Duplicolor high heat enamle or something?

Yea that's it, good to 500F from what its says. I got the medium dark Ford Blue. We'll see how it holds up, its not a show engine but I would like for it to look nice.

Do I spy some Lime Gold paint on that pony? You best be keeping it that color, or at least going with the new version, Legend Lime, like I did.

Also, looking good, and great to see its going to be a driver.

Click the car in my sig for my thread.

Haha, yea I've had a lot of mixed response on the color. Really I'm undecided on what I want to do with it. It is the original color but it went through some bad attempts at a repaint including some poorly done black "racing" stripes, haha, down the center of the car. Right now I'm just trying to get the body in good, rust free, straight form where I can prime it and decide on the color later. I already have the ivy gold interior!

On a side note, I have some hooker long tube ceramic coated headers that can be seen in the first post. If you can tell there has been some rust and pitting on them near and on the collector. They're really nice headers and I want to get them looking good again but some of the rust has penetrated the coating. Anybody have some suggestions about refinishing them? Or, anyone know how much it would be roughly to get them recoated?

UPDATES! Ok, slow going lately, but i've started putting it together, the pics!

These are some before and afters of my intake before I put some paint on it. There are some places on the block that are going to need some touch up paint as you can see. I'm hoping to get most of it put together this weekend, getting close!

Before

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0350.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

After

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, come on, don't put a bloody carb back in the thing! Megasquirt it!

:p