My new 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door

WDWBen

Subaru Killer
Car(s)
2021 Mini Cooper S
Well, I just picked up my new car today from Premier Subaru in Branford, CT. It's a Newport Blue Pearl Impreza 2.5i 5-door with a 5-speed manual. This is my first stick shift, and I must say, it's a great time to drive. This car is so much fun to drive. It's a base model, yes, but I'm having a great time with it. I don't have any interior pictures yet; I'll hopefully get some tomorrow.

IMAGE_130.jpg

IMAGE_129.jpg

IMAGE_128.jpg

zomg, DO WANT! :heart:

eish....

Welcome to the brotherhood, my friend. :) A few months from now, as you are driving your car, the realization of why you bought a Subaru will come as an epiphany..."ahhhh, now I get it....!"

Another Subi on the road! Soon our plan for world automotive domination will be complete! That is such a nice-looking car. (If only that dealer sticker weren't so... there at all)

And I think that realization may come a little sooner than a "few months". MA has quite a bit of the white stuff on the ground, it shouldn't be too long before the Tri-State area gets hit with something more than just a tiny flurry. [Fingers Crossed]

Nice, Subies unite! First forum member to break into the GE generation! It's tempting me once the STI's get here....:shifty:

Hopefully it'll give you as much joy as all of the other owners :D.

Last edited:
Asides from the styling I think that the new impreza is definately a step in the right direction, it seems overall a better package :D

I still cant get used to the new Subaru "FocusToyoMazda-Thing"

I'm not the biggest fan of the styling on the new Impreza, but it's become a much nicer all-rounder which is good news for you since you have the base model.

Get yourself some bigger wheels though. :)

Thank god you went with the hatch and not the sedan. Subaru's are fantastic. Now try not to be a rally driver and you will be good!

Thank god you went with the hatch and not the sedan. Subaru's are fantastic. Now try not to be a rally driver and you will be good!

luckily only the american market has to deal with the sedan version. Its funny that SOA claims they made the sedan version because of american customer demands, but ive seen 20 or so random new Imprezas and WRXs (and a couple Stis) on the road in my area, and NONE of them have been sedans, all 5 door hatchbacks.

Subaru drops the ball again on mis-perceived consumer wishes.

luckily only the american market has to deal with the sedan version. Its funny that SOA claims they made the sedan version because of american customer demands, but ive seen 20 or so random new Imprezas and WRXs (and a couple Stis) on the road in my area, and NONE of them have been sedans, all 5 door hatchbacks.

Subaru drops the ball again on mis-perceived consumer wishes.

i really don't thing it's "mis-perceived consumer wishes", it's far to ugly :p, the hatch on the other hand looks great

anyway, great car !

wow, nice car. i think the subaru impreza looks better on these kind of pics then on the official press pictures :)

Ooh nice! Really a step up from the old Impreza and a spaceflight to Mars from the old Buick :)

I see quite a lot of these on the road lately. Here it's called the "B3", so it won't have any relationship to the pre-historic Impreza..... XD (Also, the legacy is called B4 and the Tribeca is the B9)
I must say.... it does look quite similar to the 3/Axela....
http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/2971/2008subaruimprezawrxhatws6.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/3634/060606001mv2.jpg
I'm ashamed to admit I sometimes confuse between the two:blush:

Anyway, Congratulations on your new ride!