My new 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door

Well, I just picked up my new car today from Premier Subaru in Branford, CT. It's a Newport Blue Pearl Impreza 2.5i 5-door with a 5-speed manual. This is my first stick shift, and I must say, it's a great time to drive. This car is so much fun to drive. It's a base model, yes, but I'm having a great time with it. I don't have any interior pictures yet; I'll hopefully get some tomorrow.

"Well, that's fine. You waste your money on a Mustang or a Ferrari. The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value. Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I'm giving it five stars is because I can't give it 14."
    --Jeremy Clarkson on the NC MX-5

zomg, DO WANT!

Comment

Must feel like a huge step-up from the Buick Century, the worst car in the 20th century. Nice choice with the manual gearbox.
      2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 VR6. Das Auto

Comment

eish....
        Supporting : Martin Brundle | Kimi Räikkönen | Jenson Button | Michael Schumacher | Robert Kubica | Sebastian Vettel | Petter Solberg | Mikko Hirvonen | Andy Priaulx | Jason Plato | Mat Jackson

Nokia N95 8Gb | Nokia N97 32Gb | Nokia N900 32Gb | HTC HD2 | Samsung Galaxy 7.0 P3100 | Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 | Asus Google Nexus 7

'10 Ford Bantam 1.3i | RHD
        '09 VW MKV Golf GTI 2.0T DSG | APR Stage 1 | LHD
        '08 Honda Civic Coupé | LHD
        '06 BMW 130i | RHD
        '05 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS | RHD
        '05 Ford Bantam 1.3i | RHD
        '95 Mercedes Benz E320 Sportline | RHD

Comment

Welcome to the brotherhood, my friend. A few months from now, as you are driving your car, the realization of why you bought a Subaru will come as an epiphany..."ahhhh, now I get it....!"
          LET | FOREVER | BE

Comment

Originally posted by jayhawk View Post
            Welcome to the brotherhood, my friend. A few months from now, as you are driving your car, the realization of why you bought a Subaru will come as an epiphany..."ahhhh, now I get it....!"
            You're such a Subie fanboy.
            '10,'11,'12 FG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Comment

Originally posted by teletubby-warrior View Post
              You're such a Subie fanboy.
              Oh yeah?? Well, YOU'RE such a....such a....such a...ah, fuck it. You're right, I am. And unashamed about it, too!
              LET | FOREVER | BE

Comment

Another Subi on the road! Soon our plan for world automotive domination will be complete! That is such a nice-looking car. (If only that dealer sticker weren't so... there at all)

And I think that realization may come a little sooner than a "few months". MA has quite a bit of the white stuff on the ground, it shouldn't be too long before the Tri-State area gets hit with something more than just a tiny flurry. [Fingers Crossed]

Comment

Nice, Subies unite! First forum member to break into the GE generation! It's tempting me once the STI's get here....

Hopefully it'll give you as much joy as all of the other owners .
                  Last edited by Silverstar; December 30th, 2007, 5:55 AM.

2006 Impreza STi|2008 Impreza STI|2011 Impreza STI

SS - Bishop of the Hot Hatches, Church of the Horizontally Opposed
                  deviantART

Comment

Asides from the styling I think that the new impreza is definately a step in the right direction, it seems overall a better package
                    My car is dark grey not black!

Comment

I still cant get used to the new Subaru "FocusToyoMazda-Thing"

Comment

I'm not the biggest fan of the styling on the new Impreza, but it's become a much nicer all-rounder which is good news for you since you have the base model.

Get yourself some bigger wheels though.

Comment

Thank god you went with the hatch and not the sedan. Subaru's are fantastic. Now try not to be a rally driver and you will be good!
                          1989 Mitsu Mirage Turbo Hatch, 4G63T swap and more goodies to make it a low 12 sec car.
                          Better to own a Volvo, than be owned by one.

Comment

Well, it's not offensive to the eye anymore.. In 2-3 years i might even like it a wee bit.

Comment

Great car! Saw one in the "wild" last week, it looks so much better on the road than on pictures. Pictures just don't do it justice. Have loads of fun with it!
                              1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
                              1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
                              2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
                              2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
                              2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
                              Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

Originally posted by C53A_4G63T View Post
                                Thank god you went with the hatch and not the sedan. Subaru's are fantastic. Now try not to be a rally driver and you will be good!
                                luckily only the american market has to deal with the sedan version. Its funny that SOA claims they made the sedan version because of american customer demands, but ive seen 20 or so random new Imprezas and WRXs (and a couple Stis) on the road in my area, and NONE of them have been sedans, all 5 door hatchbacks.

Subaru drops the ball again on mis-perceived consumer wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by edkwon View Post
                                  luckily only the american market has to deal with the sedan version. Its funny that SOA claims they made the sedan version because of american customer demands, but ive seen 20 or so random new Imprezas and WRXs (and a couple Stis) on the road in my area, and NONE of them have been sedans, all 5 door hatchbacks.

Subaru drops the ball again on mis-perceived consumer wishes.
                                  i really don't thing it's "mis-perceived consumer wishes", it's far to ugly , the hatch on the other hand looks great

anyway, great car !

Comment

wow, nice car. i think the subaru impreza looks better on these kind of pics then on the official press pictures
                                    my stream.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via."

Comment

Ooh nice! Really a step up from the old Impreza and a spaceflight to Mars from the old Buick

Comment

I see quite a lot of these on the road lately. Here it's called the "B3", so it won't have any relationship to the pre-historic Impreza..... XD (Also, the legacy is called B4 and the Tribeca is the B9)
                                        I must say.... it does look quite similar to the 3/Axela....

I'm ashamed to admit I sometimes confuse between the two

Anyway, Congratulations on your new ride!

Comment

Working...
                                        X