1969 Mustang Coupe

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
EDIT: New updates/pics posted Oct. 9th.

EDIT 2: New updates/pics posted June 10th.

EDIT 3: New updates/pics posted July 7th.

May as well share this.

She was my mom's first car during high school, into college, then into her mom's garage for 10 or so years before we brought it up here where we drove it for a summer then we parked it outside as we didn't have the money on hand to get a decent restoration. Come time for me to get my first car, we decided rather than buy one to just use the money to start the restoration. As it sits now, the engine is about the only thing that hasn't had recent work, but I'll be getting a tuneup this spring sometime, perhaps a complete rebuild depending on how much money I put away for it.

Before restoration:
car.jpg

DSC02010.jpg

During:
DSC02045.jpg

DSC02047.jpg

1103061306.jpg

1027061617.jpg

DSC02274.jpg

DSC02273.jpg

After:
DSC027381.jpg

Nabster69-01PassengerSide.jpg

Nabster69-01PassengerInterior.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.**/img136/8688/img05361yd7.jpg

And during the long winter months for when it's not feasible (or sane) to drive that, I bought this last summer. '01 Grand Prix GTP. So far the only thing I've done with it is replace the headlight lenses to a bit of an upgrade.
DSC02931.jpg

EDIT: New updates/pics posted Oct. 9th.

EDIT 2: New updates/pics posted June 10th.

EDIT 3: New updates/pics posted July 7th.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Mustang club. :)

It's a beauty. Just need to drop a 427 under the hood.

Wow. Nice restore! I love the 69 and 70 Mustangs. Wish I could afford a nice Mach 1...

What's there to say? It's a sure classic and I like the new paintjob a lot.

Congrats.

Thanks everyone, I'm happy to have it and it's a blast to drive around.

And I forgot my other driver, I edited that in at the bottom.

Welcome to the 3800 owners club. :welcome:

Not only that, but you've got the supercharged version just like me. :D Not only is a 3800 owner rare around here, but far as I know we're now the only two people to have the SC version.:thumbsup:

As for the Mustang, I don't care for the pea soup color, but the quality of the restoration looks really nice.

Welcome to the 3800 owners club. :welcome:

Not only that, but you've got the supercharged version just like me. :D Not only is a 3800 owner rare around here, but far as I know we're now the only two people to have the SC version.:thumbsup:

As for the Mustang, I don't care for the pea soup color, but the quality of the restoration looks really nice.

I'm thinking come spring I may look into getting the performance shift kit thing for the grand prix for a little more fun. It's already a hoot as is, I can't imagine after that kit.

As for the mustang color, I tell you the pictures don't do it justice. In person it's a bit shocking at first but if you look at it a bit you'll notice how nice it is, then if you see it in certain sunlight it turns a brilliant gold. It's definitely an acquired taste for that color, which by the way is "Legend Lime." :wink:

I do hope you've put some subframe connectors under it, unlike some other people around here.

Legend Lime... heck of a color. I belong to a model-car building forum, and after the 2005 Mustang came out, there was huge demand (and then a supply :)) of Legend Lime. The Mustang looks great. The restoration is top notch, and it's nice to see a classic properly taken car of. The shoes on it are perfect :)

Perhaps when the inch of ice that's glazed over our roads is gone :(

Ah, i see...

Living in miami for damn near 3 years makes you forget about things like "winter" and "weather ever changing" :D

Althought I can't see the pictures right now since I'm at work, sweet car! (I'll base that on what everyone else is saying). I've got a 67 Mustang coupe as well, same color too! In the midst of restoration.

Great Mustang :D, nice work on the restoration

Absolutely Beautiful! The 1964-70's Mustangs are the best looking by far. :wub:

One of these days I hope I can have one too. *crosses fingers*