Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1969 Mustang Coupe

EDIT: New updates/pics posted Oct. 9th.

EDIT 2: New updates/pics posted June 10th.

EDIT 3: New updates/pics posted July 7th.

May as well share this.

She was my mom's first car during high school, into college, then into her mom's garage for 10 or so years before we brought it up here where we drove it for a summer then we parked it outside as we didn't have the money on hand to get a decent restoration. Come time for me to get my first car, we decided rather than buy one to just use the money to start the restoration. As it sits now, the engine is about the only thing that hasn't had recent work, but I'll be getting a tuneup this spring sometime, perhaps a complete rebuild depending on how much money I put away for it.

Before restoration:

During:

After:

And during the long winter months for when it's not feasible (or sane) to drive that, I bought this last summer. '01 Grand Prix GTP. So far the only thing I've done with it is replace the headlight lenses to a bit of an upgrade.

EDIT: New updates/pics posted Oct. 9th.

EDIT 2: New updates/pics posted June 10th.

EDIT 3: New updates/pics posted July 7th.
    Last edited by Nabster; July 8th, 2009, 12:32 AM.
    My car is Greener than your car.

LegendZ live forever.

pretty. can i touch?

Comment

Awesome job

Comment

Welcome to the Mustang club.

Comment

It's a beauty. Just need to drop a 427 under the hood.

Comment

Wow. Nice restore! I love the 69 and 70 Mustangs. Wish I could afford a nice Mach 1...

Comment

That is a lovely car. I'm quite jealous.

The sky has been falling for decades.

Comment

What's there to say? It's a sure classic and I like the new paintjob a lot.

Congrats.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm happy to have it and it's a blast to drive around.

And I forgot my other driver, I edited that in at the bottom.

LegendZ live forever.

Comment

Welcome to the 3800 owners club.

Not only that, but you've got the supercharged version just like me. Not only is a 3800 owner rare around here, but far as I know we're now the only two people to have the SC version.

As for the Mustang, I don't care for the pea soup color, but the quality of the restoration looks really nice.
                    The Mighty Buick Of Destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher Bass View Post
                      Welcome to the 3800 owners club.

Not only that, but you've got the supercharged version just like me. Not only is a 3800 owner rare around here, but far as I know we're now the only two people to have the SC version.

As for the Mustang, I don't care for the pea soup color, but the quality of the restoration looks really nice.
                      I'm thinking come spring I may look into getting the performance shift kit thing for the grand prix for a little more fun. It's already a hoot as is, I can't imagine after that kit.

As for the mustang color, I tell you the pictures don't do it justice. In person it's a bit shocking at first but if you look at it a bit you'll notice how nice it is, then if you see it in certain sunlight it turns a brilliant gold. It's definitely an acquired taste for that color, which by the way is "Legend Lime."

LegendZ live forever.

Comment

the 'stang, congrats on giving it a new life.

Comment

I do hope you've put some subframe connectors under it, unlike some other people around here.
                          The Mighty Buick Of Destruction.

Comment

No videos of it running?

I DEMAND AN IMPRESSIVE BURNOUT!
                            Remember, you are talking to a guy named "Matt" who drives a 4th gen Camaro, thinks the LT1 is mans gift to speed and has "D1zzl3" in his username. ~thedguy
                            Interior Crocodile Alligator, I drive a Chevrolet Movie Theater

Comment

Originally posted by MattD1zzl3 View Post
                              No videos of it running?

I DEMAND AN IMPRESSIVE BURNOUT!
                              Perhaps when the inch of ice that's glazed over our roads is gone

LegendZ live forever.

Comment

Legend Lime... heck of a color. I belong to a model-car building forum, and after the 2005 Mustang came out, there was huge demand (and then a supply ) of Legend Lime. The Mustang looks great. The restoration is top notch, and it's nice to see a classic properly taken car of. The shoes on it are perfect
                                "Well, that's fine. You waste your money on a Mustang or a Ferrari. The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value. Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I'm giving it five stars is because I can't give it 14."
                                --Jeremy Clarkson on the NC MX-5

Comment

Originally posted by Nabster View Post
                                  Perhaps when the inch of ice that's glazed over our roads is gone
                                  Ah, i see...

Living in miami for damn near 3 years makes you forget about things like "winter" and "weather ever changing"
                                  Remember, you are talking to a guy named "Matt" who drives a 4th gen Camaro, thinks the LT1 is mans gift to speed and has "D1zzl3" in his username. ~thedguy
                                  Interior Crocodile Alligator, I drive a Chevrolet Movie Theater

Comment

Althought I can't see the pictures right now since I'm at work, sweet car! (I'll base that on what everyone else is saying). I've got a 67 Mustang coupe as well, same color too! In the midst of restoration.

Comment

Great Mustang , nice work on the restoration

My Shirt Store

Some say he migrated when fuel hit 4 pounds per gallon and that he can make
                                      'special price' for you. All we know is, he's the Stig's Arab cousin; Al-Stig!

Comment

Absolutely Beautiful! The 1964-70's Mustangs are the best looking by far.

One of these days I hope I can have one too. *crosses fingers*
                                        PunisherBass: And you didn't see me climbing under there while it was on them, did ya?
                                        EyeMWing: YOU WERE OUT-MECHANIC'D BY A GIRL.

Comment

Working...
                                        X