Ownership Verified: PYB: The Depths of Madness - 1973 Glastron CV-21

GRtak;n3544536 said:
Does that mean it is a low profile intake? You need a tunnel ram with two big ass double pumpers on it. (No, I am not paying for the fuel :p )

Well, it's a mid-rise intake, no tunnel ram though, haha - I'd never get the engine cover closed! That would be pretty mad though. :lol:

Still hunting for an intake, but collecting parts in the meantime. Mic'd and inspected all the journals and got some main/rod/cam bearings ordered up and a full gasket set. Can't order pistons until I know exactly what's happening with the block, going to see if I can just hone the aluminum residue out of the bore first, but that's a long shot. Tore down the high-volume oil pump and sure enough it ingested some debris and is right fuckered, so I have to track one of those down with the right pickup orientation - apparently there's like 7 different 460 oil pump varieties, thankfully this was a Melling unit with a handy part number tag (M84BHV) I can cross-reference. I can just replace the guts if Melling makes a rebuild kit, but I can't seem to find a part number.