Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The world is flat: altoid's BRZ

Finally.

After a decade of threatening to do so, while buying two other cars and two motorcycles, I actually bought a BRZ.

The important bits: 2018, World Rally Blue, manual, Limited, Performance Package, STI short shifter.

The important future bits: SERBARU vanity plate on its way (hat tip to IceBone), wheels will become gold at some point soon (plastidip?), mods minimal for years to come, probably.

Her name is Ekatarina, an old Serbian form of "Catherine" which means "pure", and she's a hell of a ride.

And the only thing anyone really cares about: pictures!

Sittin' pretty at the dealership:

View while waiting for some paperwork:

Proof pic:

At work, shortly after purchase:

Obligatory beach run:

😍
    Cameron + Karen (Camry LEs)
    Bethany (SV650S)
    Giggles (Miata)
    Blueberry (Mazderp3)
    Darcy (Ninja 500R)
    Ekatarina (BRZ)

Nicely done, I'm very happy for you, that you chose this over a GTI.

Wait, wait... two motorcycles??

Comment

This color is so nice.
      Also, really nice name you gave her. .
      ?
      "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

Lucky Mofo. Do want. The end.
        WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Originally posted by MXM View Post
          Wait, wait... two motorcycles??
          Yeah, see the SV in my signature.
          Bethany (SV650S)
          Giggles (Miata)
          Blueberry (Mazderp3)
          Darcy (Ninja 500R)
          Ekatarina (BRZ)

Comment

Originally posted by altoid View Post

Yeah, see the SV in my signature.
            I can't, I have signatures turned off

Comment

Originally posted by MXM View Post
              I can't, I have signatures turned off
              Not to derail this thread too much, but: https://forums.finalgear.com/post-yo...v650s-f-55278/
              Bethany (SV650S)
              Giggles (Miata)
              Blueberry (Mazderp3)
              Darcy (Ninja 500R)
              Ekatarina (BRZ)

Comment

Very nice! The blue is absolutely the right color choice! Congratulations!

Comment

Sweet - congrats!!

Comment

FI
                    NA
                    LLY
                    !!

Congrats, man!

Comment

Not to derail this thread too much, but: https://forums.finalgear.com/post-yo...v650s-f-55278/
                      Oh right. That was so long ago that I forgot Somehow I got an impression from your post that you still have an SV.

/end of derailment

Comment

Family photo:

Angled booty:
                        Bethany (SV650S)
                        Giggles (Miata)
                        Blueberry (Mazderp3)
                        Darcy (Ninja 500R)
                        Ekatarina (BRZ)

Comment

Nice ride, congratulations Love the colour
                          “If Liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" (George Orwell)

Comment

Great wheels! That classic Subaru blue looks amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by villej View Post
                              Great wheels! That classic Subaru blue looks amazing.
                              I concur, great color and choice of wheels.
                              - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

You guys are congratulating me on the wheels like I had a choice. These are the Performance Package wheels, the only ones available, and I'm not too wild about them. They'll probably look better in gold, though.
                                Bethany (SV650S)
                                Giggles (Miata)
                                Blueberry (Mazderp3)
                                Darcy (Ninja 500R)
                                Ekatarina (BRZ)

Comment

I am so glad for you. And so envious. Be safe and enjoy the hell out of it. Goals!

Viva la Targa!

"Anybody who accuses this of being a girl car, needs to get into a Miata or Fiata on a back road. This is the most fun you can have in a car - without a girl in it." - Jason Cammisa about the ND platform
                                  "Changing gear is a vital form of self-expression that I'm being denied." - Richard Hammond on the Gen 4 Clio RS
                                  "These cars remind us, what driving - and in a wider sense, what motoring is all about. It's about the sensation of controlling a machine - not the speed with which you cover ground." - Chris Harris on the Caterham Seven and the purity of driving

Comment

You guys are congratulating me on the wheels like I had a choice. These are the Performance Package wheels, the only ones available, and I'm not too wild about them. They'll probably look better in gold, though.
                                    I thought they were aftermarket. I don't like the normal wheels that come with the car here, and I had never the ones from the performance package.

Looking at the Subaru Canada web site, it looks like here they come with the BRZ Sport-tech RS.
                                    - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

Congrats on a sweet ride! Here's a little something so that you have a better idea of how it might look with golden wheels:

Comment

Love it!!!!
                                        My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                                        There is no replacement for displacement.
                                        - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                                        ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                                        - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Working...
                                        X