No announcement yet.

Finally: 2001 Jaguar XKR coupe.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a little over 120k right now, and I'm taking another long road trip this weekend, so it'll keep climbing.
    "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
    -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Just replaced the rather torn up leather and wood steering wheel with an all-leather one from an XJ8, and also got a pretty good armrest from that same parts car to replace the busted one in the XKR. The XJ8 armrest is a bit more padded than the XKR one and rubs up a bit against the seat, so hopefully it won't be noisy over time. Also it looks like my old busted steering wheel had an AEK (sable) color code according to the sticker inside, rather than the AGE (antelope) color that the AGD (oatmeal) interior is supposed to be paired with. Weird.
      -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Finally got a vid of the new exhaust note (center muffler and rear resonator delete)

Now need to hunt down an oil leak that makes it smell like something rubber is burning in the engine compartment; probably a valve cover gasket.
        -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post
          Finally got a vid of the new exhaust note (center muffler and rear resonator delete)

Now need to hunt down an oil leak that makes it smell like something rubber is burning in the engine compartment; probably a valve cover gasket.
          That sounds very nice

Current Car List:
          '04 Citroen Pluriel
          '77 Zastava 101 (49% share)
          '16 F20 M140i
          '90 NA MX-5 1.6
          Gone:
          '96 E39 523i... Eggplant Edition
          '99 VFR 800 FI
          '01 Golf IV 1.4
          '88 E34 535

Comment

Yep, sounds the business. Good stuff.

Comment

Sounds great! I'll be sampling the XJR without rear silencers soon, we'll see if it's too droney for my tastes.

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
              Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Sport
              Cars:Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Jaguar XJR 4.0
              Broken:Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Der Stig View Post
                Sounds great! I'll be sampling the XJR without rear silencers soon, we'll see if it's too droney for my tastes.
                Yeah if you're just straight-piping the rears with just the center muffler it'll be really bad, even if it sounds great at WOT; that's what the car came with when I bought it. It'll need Magnaflows back there at a minimum.
                -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post

Yeah if you're just straight-piping the rears with just the center muffler it'll be really bad, even if it sounds great at WOT; that's what the car came with when I bought it. It'll need Magnaflows back there at a minimum.
                  Noted. I’ll get some Magnaflows.

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
                  Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Sport
                  Cars:Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Jaguar XJR 4.0
                  Broken:Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4

Comment

Working...
                  X