Ownership Verified: My Orange Furious 2019 Mustang GT

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Yup. I went a did a thing. A glorious obnoxiously bright orange and rumbly loud thing. :mrgreen:

As a bit of back story, when I first learned to drive and got to get behind the wheel of what was at the time my Mom's old '69 Mustang I knew what I wanted. I needed one of my own. I wanted someday to buy a 2019 Mustang so there would be a 50 year difference between the two cars. That thought has been in the back of my mind since then. It's been about 15 years since that thought first occurred to me, and I'm lucky to be at a place in life where I could make it happen. So back in June when the local dealer finally started taking orders I jumped in and placed mine for almost the exact spec I wanted- sadly there wasn't an appropriate metallic lime green paint option.

Some additional Bullitt points:
  • 2019 GT Performance Pack 1
  • 460 HP, 420 torques
  • 10-Speed SelectShift Automatic Transmission
  • Active Valve Performance Exhaust
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Climate Controlled Front Seats (Heated/Cooled)
  • B&O Play Premium Audio System
  • 12" LCD Digital Instrument Cluster

Then it was a long 3 months of waiting for the build. Finally yesterday was the big day. Left work at lunch to go pick it up. Sadly we're having a week of rain, so enjoyment of the new car is a bit limited.

Pq3KmTF.jpg

I put just over 50 miles on it the first day.

2eSW8Pa.jpg

r3L3CKj.jpg

mqICptH.jpg

YC1IE8r.jpg

c535Txr.jpg

1EKD7NY.jpg

daTDi86.jpg

PXcRYHe.jpg

2FwKZIX.jpg

YdQI2fy.jpg

Digital dash in normal mode, there are other configurations and user selectable displays for what information is in the middle:

6l2teGA.jpg

In Sport mode:

8hjzjqQ.jpg

In Track or Drag modes:

Lromm9y.jpg

Oh, and there's also this wankery with the puddle light.

tW1JjTq.jpg

Congrats!! Pics of both ponies together please. :D

Nice! More Mustangs is always a good thing.

Love it. Nice colour, nice gauges! Very good choice; may it serve you well.

Welcome to the club, man! ?

Did you go for the magna ride option as well? And why not a manual, you lazy sucker? :lol:

Nice car. Sadly, those active valve exhausts will be forbidden here when (or if) I get my next one.

Last edited:
Nice!
Congrats!

So, for the first "modification" I have installed some splash guards/stone shields/mud flaps, whatever you feel like calling them. I know from experience on my '15 that the areas behind the wheels are apt to pick up little chips from rocks kicked up by the tires. Not a huge deal on a silver car, but with this paint, do not want. Factor in that PP1 gives me even wider tires which stick out a little more, and the issue would be much worse. So ROKBLOKZ to the rescue, from my looking the set they offered seemed to be the best size and were also very heavy duty, and also do not use tape to mount. Happily the hardware included is also very quality, so these should hold up very well. The only modification needed was to enlarge a hole in a plastic mounting point a couple sixteenths of an inch to fit a new plug. Install took perhaps an hour with the added faffing about of switching the car orientation in Der Stig's garage due to the incessant rain.

9z3K48A.jpg

BvVIuyB.jpg

5Z2Apca.jpg

I also took the opportunity to add some horsepower with the addition of a necessary decal:

hXU1Ucw.jpg

One may note, every picture so far has rain on the car. It's been raining the entire week. I have yet to have a nice dry drive, or a good opportunity for some pictures in clear sunlight. Annoyingly. At least this allows time for "normal" driving to get through the engine break in period, so that's a plus.

MacGuffin;n3553261 said:
Welcome to the club, man! ?

Did you go for the magna ride option as well? And why not a manual, you lazy sucker? :lol:

Nice car. Sadly, those active valve exhausts will be forbidden here when (or if) I get my next one.

Pfft, I had a 2015 GT before you had yours. You're the one to be welcomed to the club :lol:

No manual because traffic and daily driver, this metroplex drives me batty with the entirely irregular and unpredictable traffic. This also goes with the adaptive cruise control, which works very much better with the automatic option. If this were to be a 3rd or 4th car, yeah I probably would have gone for a manual, but the automatic is more practical. And let's not forget it's also faster than the manual, so it has that going for it.

And the active exhaust, oh yes, that's a shame you can't get it there. It's a hoot, I love it. Quiet mode works perfectly for those late night or early morning trips through residential areas, and sport and track modes make it just the right amount of shouty.

I attempted to post earlier, but the forums ate it.

I got the chance to put some miles on this awesome machine (thanks again!) this weekend too. Despite the rain and being reined in by the break-in period, oh my is this thing fun. With the PP1 package, it wears 255s up front and 275s out back, so it grips really well until you stab the go pedal :lol:

The PP1 is really the goldilocks in the line up, it's not too firm for city driving and the tires have enough sidewall to take some pot holes (no, not at 120kmh, thomas :p ). It's a firmer ride than the Jag, but it also is solid and doesn't sound like it's going to fall apart when you hit a bump. My complaint from the base 2015 GT in the handling department, mainly the disconnected/floaty feeling from the rear end, especially in corner/camber transitions, has been banished. Orangey sure does like to drink though, I think we averaged around 16.2MPG on the first fill up. But fuck that, who cares, it's got a 460 hp V8 :mrgreen:

The chassis is great, the motor is great, and the trans is wicked smaht and super fast. I don't have enough superlatives for how fantastic the current 5.0 is, so I won't bother. Even though I'd spec a manual on my Challenger Mustang, the 10 speed gearbox deserves plenty of praise. It bangs off downshifts with a hearty bark on it's own and will hold gears in the sportier modes for long enough to make you look like racerboi while overtaking on the highway. Like most sporty cars nowadays, there are a myraid of selectable modes that alter the parameters for traction control, trans programming, and throttle response.

The car definitely has a Jekyll and Hyde quality: the quiet mode on the exhaust makes for a very polite start up and all but eliminates the bark on the highway. Although, in track mode, the exhaust isn't droney or too overtly obnoxious, even on the highway. But then again, I'm conditioned to the 1,000 dB roar of the Ducati. I rode shotgun on some laps of our area handling test roads and look forward to seeing how things go in the dry after the motor is broken in so I can hear it howling at 7,500RPM...speaking of which, we also made a little video of the active exhaust in track mode :D

Nabster;n3553281 said:
Pfft, I had a 2015 GT before you had yours. You're the one to be welcomed to the club :lol:

No manual because traffic and daily driver, this metroplex drives me batty with the entirely irregular and unpredictable traffic. This also goes with the adaptive cruise control, which works very much better with the automatic option. If this were to be a 3rd or 4th car, yeah I probably would have gone for a manual, but the automatic is more practical. And let's not forget it's also faster than the manual, so it has that going for it.

And the active exhaust, oh yes, that's a shame you can't get it there. It's a hoot, I love it. Quiet mode works perfectly for those late night or early morning trips through residential areas, and sport and track modes make it just the right amount of shouty.

Yeah, thomas already enlightened me about it. For some reason I thought you had the previous model and not an S550 already. Never mind :)

The valve exhaust isn't forbidden here just yet... but it will be when I'm in the market for the next car.

I use it as a daily driver as well but I don't drive that much. Around here, the term "traffic jam" doesn't exist and I think a manual connects you more to the machine you control.

MacGuffin;n3553325 said:
The valve exhaust isn't forbidden here just yet... but it will be when I'm in the market for the next car.

Why?

gaasc;n3553326 said:

Because some yobos cannot resist being loud in residential areas and inner cities.

"One failed shoe-bombing and we all have to take our shoes off at the airport"