1998 Honda Pacific Coast PC800

I keep thinking that the PC800 would look even better with missile pods attached to the sides of the trunk.

:D

Well, I'm going to have replacement panels in three different colors (or so it seems), so it's going to have to be repainted. I've decided to repaint the thing in the same "Honda Alaskan Blue" as is the base coat on my Nighthawk S:

6yo3k8.jpg

No white or red, though. :D

I think I'm going to devise some sort of projector headlight upgrade for the PC800. It seems that everyone with one complains that the headlight is the weakest part of the bike and everyone fits driving lights.

Just got what I think will be the last major external cosmetic piece the thing needs. I gave up on plastic welding when I realized that I simply didn't have the time to do it right; instead I shopped on eBay and in the local junkyards and managed to come up with a replacement right fairing panel, right mirror cover, windshield surround, headlight bracket and I just won the taillight assembly off eBay. I found out about a product that the PC800 people use called Plastifix with which you can repair small cracks and even fabricate new tabs - so that will be interesting to try out with a couple of the remaining pieces.

Tomorrow I strip most of the intact plastics off to send to the paint shop (along with the new replacement parts that have arrived to date).

Last edited:
And I was completely wrong. There was more damage under that right fairing than I thought. The fairing frame itself is tweaked. I could repair it, but it wouldn't be exactly right - so I'll buy the one off the parts PC I've been raiding. I also need the little panels under the headlight (argh) and some other stuff I've found so far.

Here's what it looks like under all that plastic.

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4350.JPG

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4352.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

IMG_4356.jpg

Might as well fix that oil leak since you've got it all naked anyway!

Yup, that's on the agenda. Since I have all the plastics off (and will for at least a couple of weeks), might as well fix the oil leaks and replace the clutch slave cylinder (apparently a huge pain if it goes out).

Well, time sure went by fast. Progress is still being made, though. These showed up this week:

IMG_4574.JPG

IMG_4577.JPG

IMG_4580.JPG

IMG_4581.JPG

These are Hella 90mm H9 projectors, fully DOT legal.

Can't wait to see the whole thing assembled!

Damn I want a motorbike :(

Needs more guns. :p

Nice bike! I used to own one of those too and used it to commute to Dallas every day back in the late '90's. Mine was a black '94 and I loved it! I even added a "Wong Wing" to the back, but don't have any pictures of it installed. I sold it to get my '01 Golf TDI and sometimes I'm sorry I did. Good choice, Spectre!

pc800da-1719.jpg

pc800ca-1720.jpg

pc800ka-1715.jpg

I have more pictures on my album page. Enjoy!

Last edited:
This arrived today.

IMG_4643.JPG

It's the last piece I need to put the bike together, I think. It's the "cowl stay" or the frame that holds the front fairing and such together.

IMG_4648.JPG

IMG_4649.jpg

Honda performed some product improvements between when they built my bike in 98 and when this was made. The original was a bit spindly and painted gray; this one seems more solid and is powdercoated black.

No, this project hasn't been forgotten - just sidetracked with the move to the new shop and some other things that have arrived needing more attention. I am getting started on reassembly - today, I swapped out the rear lighting section to repair the broken and non-functioning old one while CrazyJeeper was doing his own thing on his Interceptor.

IMG_3071.png

The plan is to get as much of what little needs to be done on his Interceptor finished this weekend, followed by my dismantlement of the carbs and then some assembly work on the PC800. I did find out that the neutral switch and/or wiring seems to be messed up, so I will have to order that in.

Glad to see you're still working on this thing, Spectre! Are you still going with the blue paint scheme? BTW, when you order parts from Honda, how do you find out the part number? Is there a site that lists them?

Glad to see you're still working on this thing, Spectre! Are you still going with the blue paint scheme? BTW, when you order parts from Honda, how do you find out the part number? Is there a site that lists them?

Yes, I am still going with the Aleutian Blue color lifted from the Nighthawk.

As for the rest, there are multiple parts catalogs available online, often offered by the same people selling Honda parts at discount.

Last edited:
I just waved goodbye to the Pacific Coast - it just left on a trailer. With the addition of the 919, there just wasn't enough room and something had to go.

Thus endeth the thread.