Ownership Verified: Meet the grandson, grandpa needs to go. (W203 C220 CDI)

And the worst thing is that after 5 weeks of driving solely 328i, it feels slow and heavy.

I spent less than a week driving the 5-series and the Sapporo now feels shoddy. I'm having doubts whether I *really* want to mothball it.

At the risk of sounding like a bastard, has no one been told that by in large all MB's from round about 2000-2004 or so were engineered by utter morons, and as such will have some sort of catastrophic failure, provided it already hasn't had several, which by now probably has happened, and will keep happening. Also some sort of vague reference to Clarkson's CL, but I couldn't make it work properly.

Three weeks later, and the car has gone back into limp-home mode twice. Turns out that the active intake manifold was too congested with crap, and cleaning didn't fix that, so it's back at the shop to get a new manifold fitted. That would also explain why the engine felt flat at higher revs after I got it back.

The moral of the story is, do not always drive too economically :p

Also nice car, nice thread, been looking at this for a long time.. and can relate your '190E ruining you'.. :d

Last edited:
I for one would not even bother fixing the door, looks just too minor. And for the mirror I'd get something used. I mean, how hard can it be to find a silver C-class part. But still, sucks big time! But that is considering that using the insurance in germany would just be the worse deal.

I for one would not even bother fixing the door, looks just too minor. And for the mirror I'd get something used. I mean, how hard can it be to find a silver C-class part. But still, sucks big time! But that is considering that using the insurance in germany would just be the worse deal.

I am assuming it is an insurance claim regardless, so may as well get it all done?

Yes, hence my last sentence. If you do that in germany, you'll have to use your Vollkasko, if you have one. And you will have to pay the mostly 300? deductible, and because your own insurance has to pay it, your insurance class will go up too, which is additional costs over time. Unless your insurance actually accepts the mirror for glass-damage, then its a case of Teilkasko and you don't get that raise, also the deductible is mostly just 150?. But I am not sure that also covers the door. So it all depends..

No deductible, and it is Vollkasko, yes. But atm I do not have the money to fork out for the damage. The good news is that if I pay back the insurance within the year, it doesn't affect my insurance class.

:censored:ing little :censored:heads need their :censored: ripped off and shoved up their :censored:s. You don't mess with another man's car.

The insurance expert appraised the damage today. Turned out the front fender also got damaged, so the tally is almost 1350 eur. I sure hope I can get my hands on whoever did this, so I can make him/her/it pay for everything.

If he escapes to Brazil (a clich? from old movies) give me a name and a picture.