My New 1966 W108 250SE

why is it that old Mercedes are far more interesting than new ones?

by the way, fantastic car you have there.

why is it that old Mercedes are far more interesting than new ones?

by the way, fantastic car you have there.

Thanks!

After you replace the water pump, make sure to check the king pins (suspension bits) and motor mounts while you're down there.

Will do, thanks.

Yay!

Good to hear. How does everything look down there?

Surprisingly good. Most of the hoses seem to have been replaced recently. One of them was a bit dry so it was replaced. Other than that everything looked good apart from the normal road gunk that coats everything on a daily driven car like mine.

EDIT: one pic I took while working on it

5400829772_6f403b72a6_b.jpg

Last edited:
Surprisingly good. Most of the hoses seem to have been replaced recently. One of them was a bit dry so it was replaced. Other than that everything looked good apart from the normal road gunk that coats everything on a daily driven car like mine.

This continues to blow my mind. Mad respect.

Look what I ran into today!

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/dr/dryheatpanzer/2011/02/01/DSC_3147_EDIT_RS.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/dr/dryheatpanzer/2011/02/01/DSC_3150_EDIT_RS.jpg

Fortunately I had my camera with me. Unfortunately I only had my 50mm lens so I had to stitch these photos together from several photos, hence the weird ghosted cars and whatnot in the second shot. Thought it was still worth sharing though!

Wow, what a find. An old Merc just has a beautiful road presence to it.

so lucky to see those, around here people don't care for them and leave em outside to rust

Nice find.

It's always fun to find (and wave at or park next to) someone who has a similar classic car as you do.

As lame as it sounds, I used to do the whole "Jeep Wave" thing when I drove my CJ. The funny thing is, it was mostly other CJ drivers that would wave back.

holy frak, I think the awesomeness of the merc and the quality of your photos raises this to a whole new level, i salute you sir

for some reason those 2 last pics remind me of driver (the game)