No 56k: 919

That is a very clean looking install.

How does it hold up against vibration/bumps/bounces?

Don't know, just finished installing it this morning. It does seem to grip the Otterbox very securely, though.

Do your gloves work with the touch screen? It seems that would me an issue if they didn't work correctly.

Most of my gloves seem to work with the touch screen. Almost all real leathers and some synthetics work with it, from what I've seen.

Thank god, now you can text while you ride!

I vote for Angry Birds. :p

Anyway - the other thing this will let me do is control the music (going to connect it via bluetooth to my Scala Rider) and have a charge cable snaking up to it.

Well, the strobe light function might be disorienting to tailgaters, come to think of it... :D

Love the iPhone holder, it truly is a bike of the 21st century.

There's a a few more pieces of tech coming over the next few months.

The iPhone mount worked out very well - bumps, jolts and the normal slings and arrows of riding were not enough to dislodge the phone or even disturb the mount. It doesn't block the line of sight to any indicator lights, either.

vlcsnap-2011-10-15-22h22m22s19.png

vlcsnap-2011-10-15-22h11m30s106.png

vlcsnap-2011-10-15-22h10m28s73.png

vlcsnap-2011-10-15-22h19m12s150.png

vlcsnap-2011-10-15-22h17m32s129.png

Last edited:
Just as a followup, these are the results of the HID upgrade, as I wrote up for another forum.

From the 'seeing-is-believing' department - judge for yourselves.

These are the actual unretouched photos of the beam pattern post-shrouded-HID. The last one is much dimmer than in reality as my camera decided to change the exposure for some reason.
IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

The following is a panoramic picture put together out of several shots. I had to bump up the brightness, contrast and saturation to show up the beam pattern and throw of the light properly. Otherwise it is unretouched.
IMG_1983-1987.jpg

Full 5366x2026 version here.

Last edited:
Consorting with the demons of Hel has paid off again. Hel Performance, that is. My custom brake line order arrived today.
IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2407.JPG

IMG_2410.JPG

Indy decided to help with the inspection of the new lines. :p

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2408.JPG

Last edited:
I forgot to mention the hard bags look better than the soft bags they replaced.

Yeah, nice bags! How you liking them? Givi E360's?

Haven't used them on the road yet - they came in right before I got hit by the Durango and I never got a chance to fit them prior to it. No, they're the "JC Whitney" clones talked about so much on the internet. Not as good as the E360 types, but not 4X worse, either. I paid (IIRC) $35 each for them plus shipping from someone else, but they're essentially the same as the large (~41L) JCW ones - the difference is no molded in backrest (useless for what I have in mind), no round tractor reflector and no goofy Iron Cross sticker.

Since I will be voyaging about today, I will let y'all know how I like them. Right now, I'm bleeding down the chain oiler in preparation for use.