Ownership Verified: Viper's 2001 Ford Mustang GT

Gotta love the old Camaro/Mustang rivalry.

Down here in this latitude, cars with the E9 paint code appear as pretty much the color in the first picture set - due to the brighter sunlight.

Nothing wrong with that, I rather like Laser Red on that car.

Last edited:
Oh, it's that color. You should probably know that those will fade to pink.

Oh, it's that color. You should probably know that those will fade to pink.

By the SN95 they seem to have gotten that under control. Despite battering by the Texas sun, I've never seen a post-SN95 'Stang that was Laser Red turn pink. The Fox bodies were notorious for that, though.

Last edited:
I've seen a handful of New Edge's that managed the feat in freaking Pennsylvania. Might have to do with winter road treatment.

This paint is in really great shape (still metallic, not faded, etc.). My mom said if I had told her it was a new car, she would have believed me.

I've seen a handful of New Edge's that managed the feat in freaking Pennsylvania. Might have to do with winter road treatment.

I bet that's it. Salt does weird things to the clearcoats (among other things) of cars with 'ecofriendly' paint.

Gotta love the old Camaro/Mustang rivalry.
129155035922878332.jpg

LSD is standard on the 2001 GT. :D And, if memory serves, it's been standard on all V8 Mustangs since the 1981 model year.

Last edited:
Whoah, nice upgrade! At this speed you're driving Viper before next year! :)

Lovely! My friend's dad has a GT convertible from the same year in the same color with about as many miles, but he's done a few intake/exhaust mods and added aftermarket headlights since the originals had fogged over pretty badly. His is an automatic, but I'm not all that bothered by it since the shifter does sit ridiculously far forward and since it's a convertible, anyway?saying you can feel the chassis flex is an understatement in the droptop.

Still a hoot, though. You'll love it!

Congrats Viper. Looks like you found a car in awesome condition for its age, with LOW miles. I can't believe its a 5 speed!