Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof Photo Posted Viper's 2001 Ford Mustang GT

Bye Crapsica! Hello Mustang!

Yes that's right, as a result of the "Okay fine, what's a good cheap RWD car then?
    Originally posted by Viper007Bond View Post
    Proof picture and some pictures trying to better show the true color of the car (more burgundy than red):

No proof pictures yet because it's dark (I'll post some tomorrow), but here's the photos of my actual car taken from the dealership's website:

Last edited by Viper007Bond; August 9th, 2012, 7:09 AM. Reason: Removed IM STIG plate -- moved it to the Viper
    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

No proof pictures yet because it's dark (I'll post some tomorrow), but here's the photos of my actual car taken from the dealership's website:
    In before Quiky locking the thread.

PS. Nice car.
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open

Comment

Woooooo! Me next!!

Comment

Congratulations!
        Support your FG Community: buy a shirt or iPhone cover

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible - but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.

Comment

I love the New Edge. It should be a blast. Be carful in the wet as they like to snap oversteer when things are moist.
          bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
          "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
          "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Congrats!
            “Relationships - of all kinds - are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.” ? Kaleel Jamison, The Nibble Theory and the Kernel of Power: A Book about Leadership, Self-Empowerment, and Personal Growth

Originally posted by Blind_Io
            Comic Sans is the font of Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by argatoga View Post
              I love the New Edge. It should be a blast. Be carful in the wet as they like to snap oversteer when things are moist.
              It has traction control, but yeah. I'm keeping the Crapsica around for those less-than-ideal weather conditions.
              My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
              - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
              ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Comment

Next step

Octavia
                Fabia
                Beetle

Comment

Nice! Congratulations! Go forth and hoon, ye Viper.

Ever feel like throwing your hard-earned cash into a wood chipper? Well, then--you should give Team Porschelump money!
                  ...- --- .-. ... .--. .-. ..- -. --. / -.. ..- .-. -.-. .... / .--. ..- ..-. ..-. .- .-.. ..- -- .--. .-.-.- /

Comment

It has traction control, but yeah. I'm keeping the Crapsica around for those less-than-ideal weather conditions.
                    It will be fine in the ice and rain as long as you don't push it. Take note that you drive slower and more carefully when it isn't dry out and you'll be fine. My '97 didn't have T/C so I can't vouch for how well it will work.

Now buy a shaker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	105115-2T.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	3424205
                    bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                    "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                    "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

We need burnout pictures.
                      THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY
                      "Deprogramming the masses since 1547"

"Jean Todt's system will never succeed, not even with Michael Schumacher" - Niki Lauda, 1995

Comment

Originally posted by stevanford1 View Post
                        Indeed, get rid of that rubber quickly and replace with something decent.
                        Octavia
                        Fabia
                        Beetle

Comment

Great choice. It should serve you well in readying you for the viper.

The sky has been falling for decades.

Comment

Fantastic. Good color too. I'm glad you found one with such low mileage. Hope you enjoy it! Keep us updated.
                            Me:
                            2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
                            2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

Wife:
                            2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
                            2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

Originally posted by Mitchi
                            Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

Comment

Next three things you should get for it:

Pro 5.0 or Steeda Tri-Ax replacement shifter (stock one's kinda rubbery and has a bug where it won't prevent overtravel when you're driving 'enthusiastically'), see this article for why. The Pro 5.0 is more notchy but very positive feeling and the Tri-Ax is more slick of an action. Personal preference as to which you get, both are excellent. This article will tell you how to figure out what transmission you have in the car (T-45 or TR3650) and then you can choose the appropriate model from either vendor.

Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors
                              . Not only will it stiffen up the car like it needs to be, it will also give you a real jack point anywhere the length of the car. Which, if you take the thing to a track day, you will *really* appreciate when you go to change tires or brakes, etc. You'll appreciate it when you drive it as well.

Maximum Motorsports 4 Point K-Frame Brace. Between these and the subframe connectors, it will go a long way to eliminating the stock Fox-derived chassis' tendency to pull a flexi-flyer.

Other than that, enjoy the car - and once you get more experience, rain will be an enjoyable event in it.
                              Last edited by Spectre; July 31st, 2011, 6:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                                Next three things you should get for it:
                                The shift is certainly a little wonkey, especially being offset since I'm so used to the Corsisca (which I now realize is surprisingly decent), but I'm holding off on mods for now. Will keep it bone stock for a little while and then look into mods.

Comment

The shift is certainly a little wonkey, especially being offset since I'm so used to the Corsisca (which I now realize is surprisingly decent), but I'm holding off on mods for now. Will keep it bone stock for a little while and then look into mods.
                                  If nothing else, do the shifter immediately - you'll want to prevent any damage to the transmission, see the article I linked.

Bent shift forks are pretty common on all higher performance cars when driven by newbies (less so but still not as infrequent as one would hope even for more experienced drivers) and while they're relatively cheap to fix on the Mustang, the transmission still has to come out of the car.
                                  Last edited by Spectre; July 31st, 2011, 6:49 AM.

Comment

Nice car, Mustang007Mullet

I love those cobra wheels (or whatever they're called), but please, change that steeringwheel. It looks like it came straigh from a Lincoln Towncar or any other geriatrymobile.
                                    1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
                                    1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
                                    2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
                                    2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
                                    2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
                                    Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

Originally posted by stevanford1 View Post
                                      Originally posted by narf View Post
                                      Indeed, get rid of that rubber quickly and replace with something decent.
                                      x3

Ever feel like throwing your hard-earned cash into a wood chipper? Well, then--you should give Team Porschelump money!
                                      ...- --- .-. ... .--. .-. ..- -. --. / -.. ..- .-. -.-. .... / .--. ..- ..-. ..-. .- .-.. ..- -- .--. .-.-.- /

Comment

Congrats!

The position of the shifter looks like it's much too far forward. It looks like I wouldend up slamming my knuckles into the center console whenever I went into 1st, 3rd or 5th...
                                        2013 Subaru BRZ. #Handling
                                        2004 GMC Yukon. #TowRig and #Daily

Comment

Working...
                                        X