No announcement yet.

More Ford horsepower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a highly desirable car, good job!

Comment

That looks really good! Congrats!
      ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Hmm Very nice, I fi was forced to choose between a VE statesman V8 and a G6ET id be taking the Ford for sure. Even though im a Holden fan at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyWK View Post
          Hmm Very nice, I fi was forced to choose between a VE statesman V8 and a G6ET id be taking the Ford for sure. Even though im a Holden fan at heart.
          Cheers mate. When I first bought it, I had a VE SS want to race me on the motorway. Needless to say, a few hundred metres later the SS owner was not happy. When I flash tune it, It should pull easy mid 12s.
          THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY
          "Deprogramming the masses since 1547"

"Jean Todt's system will never succeed, not even with Michael Schumacher" - Niki Lauda, 1995

Comment

Not sure what to do at the moment. Start modding the G6ET or wait and potentially upgrade ?
            THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY

"Jean Todt's system will never succeed, not even with Michael Schumacher" - Niki Lauda, 1995

Comment

do some mods, these things love it.

XR6 Turbo air intake.

Limited slip diff.

Bigger intercooler and a tune and shell fly.

Comment

do some mods, these things love it.

XR6 Turbo air intake.

Limited slip diff.

Bigger intercooler and a tune and shell fly.
                G6ET and XR6T intakes are exactly the same. I was thinking more along the lines of Bigger turbo, surge tank and fuel pump and 1000cc injectors. Bigger cooler obviously and turbo-side intake with exhaust mods thrown in for good measure. Easy 370-380rwkw (500-520rwhp)

LSD is first thing on the list.

A new shock and spring combo is on the list as well as some proper discs and pads. Now you see why I'm thinking of upgrading. It'll be alot cheaper.
                THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by stevanford1 View Post
                  G6ET and XR6T intakes are exactly the same. I was thinking more along the lines of Bigger turbo, surge tank and fuel pump and 1000cc injectors. Bigger cooler obviously and turbo-side intake with exhaust mods thrown in for good measure. Easy 370-380rwkw (500-520rwhp)

LSD is first thing on the list.

A new shock and spring combo is on the list as well as some proper discs and pads. Now you see why I'm thinking of upgrading. It'll be alot cheaper.
                  I meant XR8 sorry.

Comment

Awesome horsepower but it's crazy that they'd put that into something that looks like something you'd get as a boring bland rental car.

Factory sleeper? heh
                    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                    There is no replacement for displacement.
                    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

So why do we not have this in the US as a Lincoln?

Comment

Originally posted by Viper007Bond View Post
                        Awesome horsepower but it's crazy that they'd put that into something that looks like something you'd get as a boring bland rental car.

Factory sleeper? heh
                        It's the best thing about the car. No one else knows what's under the bonnet until the foot goes down.

Did it to a guy in an E92 M3. His reaction was priceless.
                        THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY

Comment

I meant XR8 sorry.

I thought you meant XR8 but it doesn't matter. I'll end doing a turbo-side intake anyway.
                          THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY

Comment

The mods have begun...

Harrop Truetrac LSD

Click image for larger version

Name:	harrop-true-trac1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	3426076

I also swapped the rear diff bushes for polyurethane bushes from Superpro and what a difference the two modifications have made ! No longer does the car axle tramp under hard acceleration and with the new LSD, the car accelerates with almost no wheelspin.
                            THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY

Comment

Ordered 4 inch dump pipe + cat, Intercooler, Turbo side intake and surge tank + bosch 044 fuel pump. Should get the parts next week.
                              THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY

Comment

This car is begging for some proper photos! Now come on!

Comment

Originally posted by Hbriz View Post
                                  This car is begging for some proper photos! Now come on!
                                  A guy at work wants to do a photoshoot on it soon.
                                  THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY

Comment

Congrats mate, nice ride...
                                    I used to have a BA mkII XR6T, an ex chaser. Standard upgraded brakes, suspension, intercooler and some other stuff. Then some other mods... I loved the way the car accelerated at 180kph. Man, how quick that thing took off at those speeds. Not that I did that of course.

Had to sell it, for the greater good, bought a house. I wish I had your ride...
                                    I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden

Comment

Originally posted by skippious View Post
                                      Congrats mate, nice ride...
                                      I used to have a BA mkII XR6T, an ex chaser. Standard upgraded brakes, suspension, intercooler and some other stuff. Then some other mods... I loved the way the car accelerated at 180kph. Man, how quick that thing took off at those speeds. Not that I did that of course.

Had to sell it, for the greater good, bought a house. I wish I had your ride...
                                      Cheers mate. I've wanted an XR6 turbo/G6ET since the day they were released back in 2002. I remember telling my mate in High School that these cars would be something special. I wasn't wrong.
                                      THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by stevanford1 View Post
                                        these cars would be something special. I wasn't wrong.
                                        I didn't have a clue. I just wanted a cool looking car, stepped into a dealership, stepped into the turbo and drove it..... Nice.
                                        Then the saleschick said floor it, there are no camera's here.
                                        Speechless.

You've done well, don't get killed.
                                        I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden

Comment

Hmm can't edit original post to re-upload pics. Here they are again including proof pic:

Name:	G6ET.jpg
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	3426278

Name:	G6ET3.jpg
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	3426279

Name:	G6ET5.jpg
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	3426282

Name:	G6ET4.jpg
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	3426280

Name:	G6ET7.jpg
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	3426281

- - - Updated - - -

Pics of the parts collected so far :

Name:	470324_187200754739122_100003475955829_278827_1932898540_o.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	3426283

Name:	464881_180490618743469_1986273899_o.jpg
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	3426284

Name:	463941_181713698621161_1128044532_o.jpg
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	3426285

Name:	461106_185433731582491_801893635_o.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	3426286
                                          Last edited by stevanford1; June 3rd, 2012, 2:16 AM.
                                          THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY

Comment

Working...
                                          X