More Ford horsepower

That is a highly desirable car, good job!

Hmm Very nice, I fi was forced to choose between a VE statesman V8 and a G6ET id be taking the Ford for sure. Even though im a Holden fan at heart.

Cheers mate. When I first bought it, I had a VE SS want to race me on the motorway. Needless to say, a few hundred metres later the SS owner was not happy. :lol::mrgreen: When I flash tune it, It should pull easy mid 12s. :mrgreen:

Not sure what to do at the moment. Start modding the G6ET or wait and potentially upgrade ?

do some mods, these things love it.

XR6 Turbo air intake.

Limited slip diff.

Bigger intercooler and a tune and shell fly.

G6ET and XR6T intakes are exactly the same. I was thinking more along the lines of Bigger turbo, surge tank and fuel pump and 1000cc injectors. Bigger cooler obviously and turbo-side intake with exhaust mods thrown in for good measure. Easy 370-380rwkw (500-520rwhp) :burnrubber:

LSD is first thing on the list.

A new shock and spring combo is on the list as well as some proper discs and pads. Now you see why I'm thinking of upgrading. It'll be alot cheaper. :lol:

G6ET and XR6T intakes are exactly the same. I was thinking more along the lines of Bigger turbo, surge tank and fuel pump and 1000cc injectors. Bigger cooler obviously and turbo-side intake with exhaust mods thrown in for good measure. Easy 370-380rwkw (500-520rwhp) :burnrubber:

LSD is first thing on the list.

A new shock and spring combo is on the list as well as some proper discs and pads. Now you see why I'm thinking of upgrading. It'll be alot cheaper. :lol:

I meant XR8 sorry.

DSCF0389.jpg

Awesome horsepower but it's crazy that they'd put that into something that looks like something you'd get as a boring bland rental car.

Factory sleeper? heh

Awesome horsepower but it's crazy that they'd put that into something that looks like something you'd get as a boring bland rental car.

Factory sleeper? heh

It's the best thing about the car. No one else knows what's under the bonnet until the foot goes down. :mrgreen: :burnrubber:

Did it to a guy in an E92 M3. His reaction was priceless. :rofl:

The mods have begun...

Harrop Truetrac LSD

harrop-true-trac1.jpg

I also swapped the rear diff bushes for polyurethane bushes from Superpro and what a difference the two modifications have made ! No longer does the car axle tramp under hard acceleration and with the new LSD, the car accelerates with almost no wheelspin. :mrgreen:

Ordered 4 inch dump pipe + cat, Intercooler, Turbo side intake and surge tank + bosch 044 fuel pump. Should get the parts next week. :mrgreen:

Congrats mate, nice ride...
I used to have a BA mkII XR6T, an ex chaser. Standard upgraded brakes, suspension, intercooler and some other stuff. Then some other mods... I loved the way the car accelerated at 180kph. Man, how quick that thing took off at those speeds. Not that I did that of course.

Had to sell it, for the greater good, bought a house. I wish I had your ride...

Congrats mate, nice ride...
I used to have a BA mkII XR6T, an ex chaser. Standard upgraded brakes, suspension, intercooler and some other stuff. Then some other mods... I loved the way the car accelerated at 180kph. Man, how quick that thing took off at those speeds. Not that I did that of course.

Had to sell it, for the greater good, bought a house. I wish I had your ride...

Cheers mate. I've wanted an XR6 turbo/G6ET since the day they were released back in 2002. I remember telling my mate in High School that these cars would be something special. I wasn't wrong. :)

these cars would be something special. I wasn't wrong. :)

I didn't have a clue. I just wanted a cool looking car, stepped into a dealership, stepped into the turbo and drove it..... Nice.
Then the saleschick said floor it, there are no camera's here.
Speechless.

You've done well, don't get killed.

Hmm can't edit original post to re-upload pics. Here they are again including proof pic:

G6ET.jpg
G6ET3.jpg
G6ET5.jpg
G6ET4.jpg
G6ET7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Pics of the parts collected so far :

470324_187200754739122_100003475955829_278827_1932898540_o.jpg
464881_180490618743469_1986273899_o.jpg
463941_181713698621161_1128044532_o.jpg
461106_185433731582491_801893635_o.jpg

Last edited: