Ownership Verified: MaTaR's Subaru

Careful with sways. With Subarus, it's go big or go home (I recommend Whiteline for them, I had their 22mm on my '08) but they tend to get a little snap-oversteery. Also, don't overlook TIRES. Good tires are worth more than basic suspension (springs and sways) for autocrossing. Don't get me wrong, you need to make sure the tires stay attached to the ground, won't do you much good otherwise, but tires can fix understeer where sometime suspension can't. My '08 understeered like it was it's job on RE93s, grips like mad on Z1 Star Specs. Unless it was cold. Then those tires tried to kill me.

right now im on all season , but when spring or summer comes and i think its time to try autocrossing , ill switch them up , when i do that ill start researching tires which are best for what i want , ill be honest , i aint a pro at it , will start out slow to get the hang out of it . Right now i just wanna live through my first winter with snow :mrgreen: , maybe practice in open parking lots on snow driving and control

Love this car! Very nice.

I forget, the GD Sti's have catless uppipes, correct?

Tbh I don't know , previous owner said he just changed the cat back to a Megan racing cat back. That's all I know he changed from the stock system. I dont know if uppipes are catless .

Tbh I don't know , previous owner said he just changed the cat back to a Megan racing cat back. That's all I know he changed from the stock system. I dont know if uppipes are catless .

That's something I would doublecheck before doing any Accessport tunes, I'm pretty sure the stock Sti uppipe is catless, but that needs to be paired with your catback for a good stage 1 tune

When the time comes to do any modding , I would be a lot more informed on the car mechanics and I'll do a lot of studying on optimizing it to how I want, but right now I got no date on when that's happening since I still got winter and the second college semester to go through:p

Just be careful. The ability to drive through anything makes you feel pretty invincible... just remember that your ability to go forward and your ability to stop aren't related. I've known lots of folks who wreck because they forget to leave lots of braking room! Wouldn't want you to wreck what seems to be a "dream car" for you! :)

i understand that for sure , ill be careful and considerate . still gotta test out the brembo brakes to get a feel for the braking distance but ill be careful anyway in the winter season :). it is my ''dream car'' , loving it more everyday :p

haha thanks:D

Bump.

Because maxtortheone greeted me in #gear and I always confuse him with you and want to ask how his Subaru is doing.