No announcement yet.

The Saaba begins: 1995 Saab 9000 Aero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's actually about 1.8 hours away in Connecticut, but it's about halfway between Cambridge and NYC. I only pass by it when I've been driving between the cities, and never when it's open.
    "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
    -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P9070003.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	3429624
      While blasting around the mountains of western MA with LeVeL. As he described it, two very different ways of having a lot of fun on mountain roads.
      -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Such a sleeper with its winter wheels and snowy camo.

Name:	BfzmmVNIgAA9EMm.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	3430508
        Incidentally, Dr_Grip, I did check out the Aero Diner and it's quite awesome.
        Last edited by Labcoatguy; February 15th, 2014, 1:59 AM.
        -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post
          Incidentally, Dr_Grip, I did check out the Aero Diner and it's quite awesome.
          As you may have gathered from Random Thoughts, I may be back to the US later this year and would love to check it out with you.
          Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
          (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Where in Connecticut is that? Is it off the Merritt?
            "Well, that's fine. You waste your money on a Mustang or a Ferrari. The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value. Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I'm giving it five stars is because I can't give it 14."
            --Jeremy Clarkson on the NC MX-5

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Grip View Post
              As you may have gathered from Random Thoughts, I may be back to the US later this year and would love to check it out with you.
              Sweet! If I'm feeling brave I'll take the 96.

Originally posted by WDWBen View Post
              Where in Connecticut is that? Is it off the Merritt?
              It's in the eastern part of CT, on highway 6 in North Windham.
              Last edited by Labcoatguy; February 15th, 2014, 3:52 PM.
              -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Ah, okay. Wasn't the one I was thinking of. I'm originally from between Hartford and New Haven.
                "Well, that's fine. You waste your money on a Mustang or a Ferrari. The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value. Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I'm giving it five stars is because I can't give it 14."
                --Jeremy Clarkson on the NC MX-5

Comment

No, this bump isn't because it's being sold like the public's and Hbriz's 900s, though if anyone wants my 96 they can get in touch. I did stop by the location of Cape Cod Saab in Barnstable MA that was once run by Kurt Vonnegut.

Name:	P5100900.JPG
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	3431446Click image for larger version

Name:	P5100899.JPG
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	3431447
                  -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Good work I wonder how many Saabs have been photographed there.

Comment

Originally posted by public View Post
                      Good work I wonder how many Saabs have been photographed there.
                      I'm missing the reference. Is this because of the Mr Kurt Vonnegut connection or the gratuitous 'IT WORKS!' sign to juxtapose the normal operations of the automobile?
                      2008 Honda Civic VTi [FD1]
                      1993 Toyota MR2 G-Limited [SW20]
                      1996 Honda CB250F Hornet [MC31]
                      1993 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R [RNN14]
                      2012 Honda Accord Euro [CU2]
                      2007 Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 JTS Q4 [Typo 939]
                      2003 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA [Typo 937]

Comment

Originally posted by Bretton Woods View Post
                        the gratuitous 'IT WORKS!' sign to juxtapose the normal operations of the automobile?
                        My thoughts exactly!
                        "It's the difference between watching great sex and having good sex." - Labcoatguy on the difference between an automatic and a manual gearbox.

Comment

You guys suck
                          -Redliner, ironically

Comment

No, this bump isn't because it's being sold like the public's and Hbriz's 900s, though if anyone wants my 96 they can get in touch.
                            The Great FinalGear Saab Exodus continues yet.

Don't sell the 96!

Comment

Originally posted by Hbriz View Post
                              The Great FinalGear Saab Exodus continues yet.

Don't sell the 96!
                              Well, we'll see; I just got news from my mechanic that the clutch is on its way out and the bracket holding the master cylinder is also borked. It'll take four hours of labor to fix that, and that's even before the clutch labor. I'm definitely fixing this and keeping the 9000, but the 96 is starting to look more and more expendable.
                              -Redliner, ironically

Comment

(Crossposted from Dr_Grip and Lucille's excellent journey thread)
                                To paraphrase somebody whose name I've forgotten, this Saab feels like a big car until a real big car shows up.
                                -Redliner, ironically

Comment

That's a beautiful building, where is it? I'll probably be back in MA late December/early January.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaRo View Post
                                    That's a beautiful building, where is it? I'll probably be back in MA late December/early January.
                                    It's the Aero Diner in Windham, CT. We should take a road trip there when you're back; either that, or some other old-school diner closer to home.
                                    -Redliner, ironically

Comment

In for the roadtrip
                                      "Men with guts attack those corners!" - Keiichi Tsuchiya
                                      2006 Acura TL and 1999 Mazda Miata

Comment

It's the Aero Diner in Windham, CT. We should take a road trip there when you're back; either that, or some other old-school diner closer to home.
                                        I'm down.

Comment

If you guys do it over the winter, I'd be in.

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                                          2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                                          2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                                          1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                                          1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Working...
                                          X