Ownership Verified: The Saaba begins: 1995 Saab 9000 Aero

It's actually about 1.8 hours away in Connecticut, but it's about halfway between Cambridge and NYC. I only pass by it when I've been driving between the cities, and never when it's open.

P9070003.JPG
While blasting around the mountains of western MA with LeVeL. As he described it, two very different ways of having a lot of fun on mountain roads.

Such a sleeper with its winter wheels and snowy camo.
BfzmmVNIgAA9EMm.jpg
Incidentally, Dr_Grip, I did check out the Aero Diner and it's quite awesome.

Last edited:
Incidentally, Dr_Grip, I did check out the Aero Diner and it's quite awesome.
As you may have gathered from Random Thoughts, I may be back to the US later this year and would love to check it out with you.

Where in Connecticut is that? Is it off the Merritt?

As you may have gathered from Random Thoughts, I may be back to the US later this year and would love to check it out with you.

Sweet! If I'm feeling brave I'll take the 96.

Where in Connecticut is that? Is it off the Merritt?

It's in the eastern part of CT, on highway 6 in North Windham.

Last edited:
Ah, okay. Wasn't the one I was thinking of. I'm originally from between Hartford and New Haven.

No, this bump isn't because it's being sold like the public's and Hbriz's 900s, though if anyone wants my 96 they can get in touch. I did stop by the location of Cape Cod Saab in Barnstable MA that was once run by Kurt Vonnegut.
P5100900.JPGP5100899.JPG

Good work :) I wonder how many Saabs have been photographed there.

Good work :) I wonder how many Saabs have been photographed there.

I'm missing the reference. Is this because of the Mr Kurt Vonnegut connection or the gratuitous 'IT WORKS!' sign to juxtapose the normal operations of the automobile?

The Great FinalGear Saab Exodus continues yet.

Don't sell the 96!

Well, we'll see; I just got news from my mechanic that the clutch is on its way out and the bracket holding the master cylinder is also borked. It'll take four hours of labor to fix that, and that's even before the clutch labor. I'm definitely fixing this and keeping the 9000, but the 96 is starting to look more and more expendable.

(Crossposted from Dr_Grip and Lucille's excellent journey thread)
To paraphrase somebody whose name I've forgotten, this Saab feels like a big car until a real big car shows up.
14730d1414539055-pa281057.jpg

That's a beautiful building, where is it? I'll probably be back in MA late December/early January.

That's a beautiful building, where is it? I'll probably be back in MA late December/early January.

It's the Aero Diner in Windham, CT. We should take a road trip there when you're back; either that, or some other old-school diner closer to home.

If you guys do it over the winter, I'd be in.