Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Saaba begins: 1995 Saab 9000 Aero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Proof Photo Posted The Saaba begins: 1995 Saab 9000 Aero

    In the words of Richard Hammond, "It makes turbo noises!" It has a K&N cold air intake, a JT3 catback exhaust, and a Nordic Stage 3 tune, so the powertrain is much more savage than stock.





    Cameraphone proof pic:


    Took it to a local Saab specialist shop to look it over and fix some little issues, and took some pictures of the rare gems in their lot:







    Last edited by Quiky; June 2nd, 2012, 2:03 PM. Reason: Verified
    "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
    -Redliner, ironically




    #2
    Congratulations! Now get rid of the K&N stickers
    "It's the difference between watching great sex and having good sex." - Labcoatguy on the difference between an automatic and a manual gearbox.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by _HighVoltage_ View Post
      Congratulations! Now get rid of the K&N stickers
      It is a bit ricey, isn't it?

      I chatted with the mechanic for a bit and brought up Jaguars, and the dude wrinkled his nose with the most pained expression on his face. When I pressed him, he revealed that he used to own a '79 XJ6. He looked very skeptical when I told him that they'd gotten better since then. Once burned, forever shy.
      "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
      -Redliner, ironically



      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post
        It is a bit ricey, isn't it?

        I chatted with the mechanic for a bit and brought up Jaguars, and the dude wrinkled his nose with the most pained expression on his face. When I pressed him, he revealed that he used to own a '79 XJ6. He looked very skeptical when I told him that they'd gotten better since then. Once burned, forever shy.
        That from a guy who works on SAABs for a living.
        bogative ?

        "Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
        "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
        "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

        Comment


          #5
          Saabs are cool. My childhood memories dates to trip to Finland with dad's work car 9000. I loved it.

          Comment


            #6
            Fantastic car, I love it. I used to dream of these late model Aeros back when I drove an older 9K Turbo. Just get rid of the chicken wire in the grille.
            XM:

            Comment


              #7
              About damn time you got one...man, looking at those pictures, I kinda miss New England.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by BlaRo View Post
                About damn time you got one...man, looking at those pictures, I kinda miss New England.
                If Steven King has taught me anything, New England is the scariest place on Earth.
                bogative ?

                "Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Saab!!

                  Looks like a nice one - despite the fact I personally wouldn't have a 9000, I can definitely see the attraction.
                  ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Mind if I ask how much you paid? I've been wanting a Saab lately for some reason. I love the look of the 9000.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I paid $3500 for mine, and am putting in about ~$800 right off the bat to fix a radiator and other malfunctioning bits, so be aware that the maintenance costs will be nowhere near those for your Accord. The mechanic at the shop also owns a 9000, but his has over 300k miles, so it's in experienced hands. There's a few of them in Colorado on http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/class/9000.html that you might be interested in.

                      Originally posted by Tcdoe View Post
                      Fantastic car, I love it. I used to dream of these late model Aeros back when I drove an older 9K Turbo. Just get rid of the chicken wire in the grille.
                      There's a vestigial pikey in my head that's refusing to take that off. I rather like it. Might paint it glossy black though.
                      Last edited by Labcoatguy; February 15th, 2012, 9:05 PM.
                      "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
                      -Redliner, ironically



                      Comment


                        #12
                        Looks like it has the top spec leather interior. I've never sat in one so I don't know how comfortable it is but it does look awesome to say the least.

                        2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
                        For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Exhaust is a bit too large for me, though I can't really complain if it's functional. I love the 3-spoke wheels. Do I remember you saying somewhere that it has rather high mileage?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Awesome car! I approve!

                            Originally posted by Perc View Post
                            Looks like it has the top spec leather interior. I've never sat in one so I don't know how comfortable it is but it does look awesome to say the least.

                            The Aero seats are amazing compared to the standard seats that come in the CS and CSE models.

                            They sit slightly lower, allowing for more headroom for taller drivers, as well as having better upper back and shoulder support.
                            2005 Saab 9-5 Arc wagon
                            1999 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
                            2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650

                            Comment


                              #15
                              It's funny because Saaba is hebrew for grandpa and this is a bit of a grandpa car. It's a great car, but in all honestly you need Lancia Thema trim pieces.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                I approve of this purchase. . It's the right color too.
                                Me:
                                2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
                                2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

                                Wife:
                                2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
                                2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

                                Originally posted by Mitchi
                                Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Nice car, just don't try fusing it with an Alfa 164.
                                  "Don't brake. Don't brake. Don't brake....MY LEG'S GOT A MIND OF ITS OWN AND IT'S BRAKING!"- Jeremy Clarkson

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by thevictor390 View Post
                                    Exhaust is a bit too large for me, though I can't really complain if it's functional. I love the 3-spoke wheels. Do I remember you saying somewhere that it has rather high mileage?
                                    You mean the exhaust tip, right? Because a 3 inch exhaust downpipe is a pretty important upgrade on turbo cars of that time and make a significant improvement in performance.
                                    "It's the difference between watching great sex and having good sex." - Labcoatguy on the difference between an automatic and a manual gearbox.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Nice!

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by _HighVoltage_ View Post
                                        You mean the exhaust tip, right? Because a 3 inch exhaust downpipe is a pretty important upgrade on turbo cars of that time and make a significant improvement in performance.
                                        Yes, just talking about the appearance of the tip.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X