Ownership Verified: Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

So awesome! I love the DMC12. I too will one day own one.

When they were doing the 25th anniversary special showing of BTTF a year and a half ago, a local owner brought his down to the theater. It was barricaded off (and probably for the better), but I stuck around chatting to the owner for an hour, and he let me sit in it when the crowd died down.

Sweet! I've had a few people ask if they could sit in and i have no issues with it (no studded belts or muddy shoes :p ). Seeing one, is one thing, sitting in one, holding the steering wheel and looking at the door hanging above yr head is another. ;)

There was a silly law in the early 80s that no new car in the US could have a speedometer that could indicate any speed higher than 85mph.

Yeah, pretty much. I grabbed this from one of the D-owners regarding the limitation of the speedo.

?"On September 1, 1979, in a regulation that also regulated speedometer and odometer accuracy, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) required speedometers to have special emphasis on the number 55 and a maximum speed of... 85 mph (137 km/h). However, on October 22, 1981, NHTSA proposed eliminating speedometer and odometer rules because they were "unlikely to yield significant safety benefits" and " highlighted '55' on a speedometer scale adds little to the information provided to the driver by a roadside speed limit sign"

Straight from the workshop manual. :p

zj6pnk.jpg

For those who want to see a Delorean with some more Powar, here's a nice video clip.

Well produced vid, but I don't really understand the conclusion.
I'd get it if the guy said he wanted originality in order to preserve the pedigree. But no, he basically said "things like this will happen with engine swaps" after rubbish gas had gunked up the fuel system because of a neglecting owner. He went from "I couldn't have a DeLorean because of the lame engine" to "when I eventually will buy a DeLorean it will have to have the original engine" for no good reason.

The way i had interpreted it was, loved the Delorean, wouldn't have one cause of the lame engine, unless it had a thumping heart transplant. Then experiencing one which didn't work 100%, changed his mind. But having driven one, he's happy to have a stock one for what it is.

The preception of a fireball, tarmac ripping Delorean is what most people have. Seriously, it's a cruise mobile. :)

Some pics from the weekend gone. Might get some F1 fans excited for this weekend. :)

347yaz9.jpg

16lfbzp.jpg

2467yty.jpg

1qfzpl.jpg

axcmdl.jpg

Just some default music added to the video. UTube wouldn't let use the music I chose due to Copyright. :mad:

There was a silly law in the early 80s that no new car in the US could have a speedometer that could indicate any speed higher than 85mph.

So hold on a minute, how do you know when you're at 88mph?

That was so obvious I can't believe nobody else said it. :p

:lol:

In the movie, they altered the speedo. :) And unfortunately the engine noise as well. :(

[video=youtube;vh6Bwipp-ls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh6Bwipp-ls&feature=channel[/video]

This is a pretty good short clip regarding the DMC Headquarters/workshop in Texas.

[video=youtube;vh6Bwipp-ls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh6Bwipp-ls&feature=channel[/video]

This is a pretty good short clip regarding the DMC Headquarters/workshop in Texas.

OH!
Drinking game! Take a shot every time you hear "OK"