Ownership Verified: Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

SIMid

Car(s)
Astra SRiT & a DMC12
Been meaning to post this up as I don't think anyone here has a Delorean? ;)

81 DMC-12 Automatic VIN 01955 (yeah, just like the movie date).
3rd owner. Previous owner spent a bucketload restoring her having sat in a barn for many years. New dash, new electrics, new fuel system, new auto computer. Extras installed is Stage one exhaust and ignition system and wings-a-loft. First owner I was told was actually a drug dealer!

2rqj41d.jpg

I've bought this baby back in March 2011 From Oregon and came into my hands in July 2011 Melbourne, Australia. Since I've had it, did the RHD headlight conversion, new brake lines, new tyres, new lowered Eibach springs and Spax Adjustable shocks. Recently replaced the headunit.

Yes, it does have a flux capacitor!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Performance with these Deloreans are adequate, but no tyre smoking performance. They are more known as Gran Tourers. To me, she's the perfect cruise mobile. :)

16axq2h.jpg

b6635t.jpg

2em0rht.jpg

242zq79.jpg

de9rut.jpg

Not long after I had collected her from the importers.

34opoo5.jpg

Comparison from stock springs with Eibach lowered springs.

ebdmbc.jpg

28jyyyx.jpg

Kinglake National Park

Great looking car! I've only ever seen two in person.

First owner I was told was actually a drug dealer!

How appropriate! :p

Nice ride. So 80s... :)

One question I have, though: Why did they make the doors in that shape at the lower rear end, with the consequence of the windows only having that small cutout to be opened?

What the hell is going on with that last picture? The wheels aren't round! Anyway whatever anyone ever says about DeLoreans they'll always be awesome in my book. Just that bodywork is enough for me. :)

What the hell is going on with that last picture? The wheels aren't round! Anyway whatever anyone ever says about DeLoreans they'll always be awesome in my book. Just that bodywork is enough for me. :)

I think he hit 88mph.

Awesome!

And there goes any chance I had to get in the top 25 cars of FG this year.

Between this, Viper's Viper, the Darth Vader Atom guy, and the supercar photographer guy, we are now the indisputable automotive champions of the internet.

we are now the indisputable automotive champions of the internet.

Nah, we'd need some Lamborghinis and a bunch of other exotics for that.

We do have some badass cars here though, that is for sure.

Great car. Now slap on some turbos. :p

Thanks for the responses everyone. :)

I actually liked the Delorean before BTTF came out and when the movie did come out, it was pretty much icing on the cake. I can say one thing though, the Delorean seems to catch more attention than a Lambo or a Ferrari, because of it's weird arse history and the SS finish.

DanRom = The shape of the door I cannot say why, but the toll-booth window you are referring to is that small for a reason. When they did a prototype with the glass lowered into the door, it made it too heavy cause the door not to open properly. So to counter balance the doors, the small windows was the only way to make them look good. or else to have those sliding windows.

prototype.gif

Matt2000 = It's the perspective. ;)

jsausley = They are a quirky car which can give you headaches. Electrical, fuel system, door mechanisms, keeping the SS clean! What would you expect, car company is American, UK funding, Irish built, English engineering, French / Swedish and German parts, Italian design. Something was bound to go wrong! :lol:

Some more pics ..........

voc1z6.jpg

One of the fans .....

2n07xnt.jpg

Flux Capacitor .... fluxing.

20kx3lw.jpg

At the mechanics. Here you can see the DMC SS exhaust system.

16a70is.jpg

34phwd2.jpg

p7j95.jpg

x3a8if.jpg

More pics to come.

Sweet bit of kit, especially since you're living in the correct state :p

The Silver headunit does stick out from the black interior though.

Sweet bit of kit, especially since you're living in the correct state :p

The Silver headunit does stick out from the black interior though.

*LOL* Correct state, wrong side steering wheel. :p

Yes it did look like a sore thumb, plus the CDs were jumping "back in time" :lol: So I just replaced with a Sony Headunit. Didn't want anything too fancy, runs off USB so no moving mechanisms. :)

5prcir.jpg