Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof Photo Posted Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

Been meaning to post this up as I don't think anyone here has a Delorean?

81 DMC-12 Automatic VIN 01955 (yeah, just like the movie date).
    3rd owner. Previous owner spent a bucketload restoring her having sat in a barn for many years. New dash, new electrics, new fuel system, new auto computer. Extras installed is Stage one exhaust and ignition system and wings-a-loft. First owner I was told was actually a drug dealer!

I've bought this baby back in March 2011 From Oregon and came into my hands in July 2011 Melbourne, Australia. Since I've had it, did the RHD headlight conversion, new brake lines, new tyres, new lowered Eibach springs and Spax Adjustable shocks. Recently replaced the headunit.

Yes, it does have a flux capacitor!!
    Last edited by Quiky; June 2nd, 2012, 2:04 PM. Reason: Verified
    Simon
    "My flux capacitor is broken, that's why I'm still here."

Performance with these Deloreans are adequate, but no tyre smoking performance. They are more known as Gran Tourers. To me, she's the perfect cruise mobile.

Not long after I had collected her from the importers.

Comparison from stock springs with Eibach lowered springs.

Kinglake National Park
    Simon

Comment

Great looking car! I've only ever seen two in person.

Originally posted by SIMid View Post
      First owner I was told was actually a drug dealer!
      How appropriate!

Top Gear
      [18x04]...I was there!

"You shouldn't drive crappy cars, and you shouldn't drink crappy beer." - Eric Tingwall - Automobile Magazine

Comment

But you would have trouble putting your stuff through that window. ...

Comment

Nice ride. So 80s...

One question I have, though: Why did they make the doors in that shape at the lower rear end, with the consequence of the windows only having that small cutout to be opened?

Comment

Nice car! Wow, it looks a lot better with those springs.

Comment

What the hell is going on with that last picture? The wheels aren't round! Anyway whatever anyone ever says about DeLoreans they'll always be awesome in my book. Just that bodywork is enough for me.

Comment

Rep for owning a DeLorean. Big respect from me. I love them but I could never own one.

---
                My Facebook | My Fuelly

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2000 View Post
                  What the hell is going on with that last picture? The wheels aren't round! Anyway whatever anyone ever says about DeLoreans they'll always be awesome in my book. Just that bodywork is enough for me.
                  I think he hit 88mph.

Top Gear
                  [18x04]...I was there!

"You shouldn't drive crappy cars, and you shouldn't drink crappy beer." - Eric Tingwall - Automobile Magazine

Comment

Awesome!
                    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                    There is no replacement for displacement.
                    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

And there goes any chance I had to get in the top 25 cars of FG this year.

<Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
                      "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
                      John F. Kennedy

Comment

Between this, Viper's Viper, the Darth Vader Atom guy, and the supercar photographer guy, we are now the indisputable automotive champions of the internet.
                        PunisherBass: ANYONE with an IQ higher than a jar of mayo wouldn't be able to get through the scientology mumbojumbo without laughing their ass off.
                        Clegg: PunisherBass, quit insulting mayo.

Comment

Originally posted by smib View Post
                          we are now the indisputable automotive champions of the internet.
                          Nah, we'd need some Lamborghinis and a bunch of other exotics for that.

We do have some badass cars here though, that is for sure.
                          My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                          - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                          ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by smib View Post
                            Between this, Viper's Viper, the Darth Vader Atom guy, and the supercar photographer guy, we are now the indisputable automotive champions of the internet.
                            You missing the MXM's 7
                            ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Originally posted by prizrak View Post
                              You missing the MXM's 7
                              And MacGeek's Alfa (the most expensive car here!) and lots more.

Comment

Great car. Now slap on some turbos.
                                bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                                "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                                "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I actually liked the Delorean before BTTF came out and when the movie did come out, it was pretty much icing on the cake. I can say one thing though, the Delorean seems to catch more attention than a Lambo or a Ferrari, because of it's weird arse history and the SS finish.

DanRom = The shape of the door I cannot say why, but the toll-booth window you are referring to is that small for a reason. When they did a prototype with the glass lowered into the door, it made it too heavy cause the door not to open properly. So to counter balance the doors, the small windows was the only way to make them look good. or else to have those sliding windows.

Matt2000 = It's the perspective.

jsausley = They are a quirky car which can give you headaches. Electrical, fuel system, door mechanisms, keeping the SS clean! What would you expect, car company is American, UK funding, Irish built, English engineering, French / Swedish and German parts, Italian design. Something was bound to go wrong!
                                  Simon

Comment

Some more pics ..........

One of the fans .....

Flux Capacitor .... fluxing.

At the mechanics. Here you can see the DMC SS exhaust system.

More pics to come.
                                    Simon

Comment

Sweet bit of kit, especially since you're living in the correct state

The Silver headunit does stick out from the black interior though.
                                      Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front, oversteer is when you hit it with the back.

Comment

Originally posted by nsx_23 View Post
                                        Sweet bit of kit, especially since you're living in the correct state

The Silver headunit does stick out from the black interior though.
                                        *LOL* Correct state, wrong side steering wheel.

Yes it did look like a sore thumb, plus the CDs were jumping "back in time" So I just replaced with a Sony Headunit. Didn't want anything too fancy, runs off USB so no moving mechanisms.

Simon

Comment

Working...
                                        X