Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

Mine's digital, so it's unlimited. :p

it's digital, it's everything but unlimited! once it runs out of memory, your speedo won't go higher...
viper's digits might "only" go to 220 but make it go faster, and the dial will keep going

Last edited:
Managed to get the car out between rain showers today and broke the wheels lose for the first time. Rear end hopped up and down rather than properly spinning though, heh.

Hopefully it's somewhat dry tomorrow too and I'll try and get some exhaust videos for you all if that's something you guys want to hear/see.

I'd buy a new battery the current one is probably in a bad way from disuse.

Managed to get the car out between rain showers today and broke the wheels lose for the first time. Rear end hopped up and down rather than properly spinning though, heh.
Wheel hop. It's not great for the drivetrain. Occasionally shouldn't hurt anything, but try to be smoother off the clutch and get proper wheelspin or proper traction, rather than wheel hop. :) I've done it a couple of times in the Miata and a couple of time in Nugget's previous C2S Cab.

Wheel hop. It's not great for the drivetrain. Occasionally shouldn't hurt anything, but try to be smoother off the clutch and get proper wheelspin or proper traction, rather than wheel hop. :) I've done it a couple of times in the Miata and a couple of time in Nugget's previous C2S Cab.

The hop was minor/short and I didn't intend to spin the wheels.

My car is one of 45 apparently, more rare if you take interior color and wheel options into account.

Last edited:
ARY = Already Recked Y'all? :lol:

ARY = Already Recked Y'all? :lol:

Oh you're hilarious! :p

I had to Google it but it's the code for the aero package -- front splitter and rear wing from the factory. Looks like this apparently:

Last edited:
wow i would have never expected green to be so popular!

2008 was the first year of the 4th gen Viper when they added pretty much all of those colors. Previously only red, black, silver, and 88 GTS blues in 2006 were available.

I guess the dark red and crazy green were a way to stand out.

Oh you're hilarious! :p

I had to Google it but it's the code for the aero package -- front splitter and rear wing from the factory. Looks like this apparently:
That looks AWESOME! At least the splitter.

I like the wheels on that red one.

That looks AWESOME! At least the splitter.

I believe it's the same one that's on the ACR:

Dodge-Viper-SRT10-ACR-Recaptures-Lap-Record-at-Laguna-Seca.jpg

I like the wheels on that red one.

I have what they call the Razor wheels (5 U's), there's also the ugly H-style ones, those 6 spokes, and the standard 5-spoke.

The 6-spokes are nice but too thin IMO. I think my favorites are either mine or the 5-spokes.

Looks to be the same, but lower down and not angle adjustable. The side plates are also smaller.

Looks to be the same, but lower down and not angle adjustable. The side plates are also smaller.

I was talking about the splitter not the wing. Yeah, the wing is different.

Put a little bit of steering input in, and it'll slide all day long without any hop. Albeit sideways, but that's easily corrected once it's spinning. :angel:

Also, an Odyssey PC1200 is much better than the Optimas. They're much lighter, about the same cost (slightly more if you get the metal jacket), and tend not to cycle out as quickly.

If you do get an Optima, get the deep cycle yellow top and keep it on a tender when not in use.

Last time i checked the US was 110v.