Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Yes, I finally bought my dream car! No proper proof picture yet (I'll do that this weekend) but I know all of the IRC folks are clammering for pictures so I'm making the thread early. :)

I spent pretty much all day today driving it. Put roughly 70 miles on it (barely any freeway) and used half a tank (aka ~7 gallons) worth of gas. Glug glug. :lol:

Click for bigger. I especially like the first one. :)

Drove up the observatory at Mt. St. Helens with 73 other cars this weekend (mostly Challengers). Here's a good photo from the drive:

hPta2T2.jpg

Great photos taken by a co-worker:

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

EDIT 03/24/12: Proper proof picture:

IMG_0093.JPG

And here's a picture showing rear tire width vs. my iPhone 4. Tires are 275/35-18 in the front and 345/30-19 in the rear. That's 13 inches wide!

IMG_0098.JPG

EDIT 03/26/12:

My keys can beat up your keys. :p

View attachment 6143

EDIT 04/02/12:

[video=youtube;HJ7Up-JrSWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ7Up-JrSWQ[/video]

Last edited:
Finally, a truly appropriate use of this: :jawdrop:

Congrats on living the dream. :D

Edit: Just watched the video, I like how you are sitting the car like you belong, with the arm on the sill, like a boss :cool:

Last edited:
:dance: Congrats

Now, I get to drive if I come to visit?

Awesome car, Congrats. I like the color. :)

Congratulations dude. Lots of hard work paid off for you. I hope you have many happy hours driving it. Keep this thing from being wrapped around a pole... PLEASE!

I wasn't paying much attention in IRC, so I thought you were just doing a track day in a viper, not that you had actually bought one!

Congrats, dude! :thumbsup:

Now all you need to do is become a British secret agent and you can live up to your nick name. :p

Congratulations! Car looks great. Keep it right side up and pointed in the right direction. :)

Congrats! :thumbsup: :dance:

I approve of this. Now just avoid people wanting you to do stupid things with it.

:motherofgod:

Congrats on finally realising a dream! SO MUCH WIN!

I put 200km on my car in the first 2 days, none of it on a freeway, and it's only a Clio! :p

Congratu-fucking-lations! I really have no idea what I would with myself with that beast.