Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

Any squeeling from the tires as they spin or just smoke?

Just a standard tire spinning sound. I'm not sure it's possible to create smoke from tires without using brakes to hold the car in place.

Just a standard tire spinning sound. I'm not sure it's possible to create smoke from tires without using brakes to hold the car in place.

Yes it is, at least from my puny 175mm section ones. Your ridiculously wide tires are another matter. :lol:

More width (+ often softer compound) = more smoke. I assure you it is very possible to make smoke without applying the brakes. Try an empty carpark, stick it in second and let it rip in a straight line.

More width (+ often softer compound) = more smoke. I assure you it is very possible to make smoke without applying the brakes. Try an empty carpark, stick it in second and let it rip in a straight line.

Why second? Doing 100 MPH in a parking lot seems like a bad idea.

You're not doing 100mph, the tires are. Try first then, i just figured you would be nagging the revlimiter in first before you had time to adjust the throttle :p

Me out mangling the bottom of my front bumper. Oops.

Also GoPro's wide angle lens makes it seem like I'm going 1/2 the speed I really am. :(

That looks like so much fun. The GoPro's mic really doesn't do the car justice.

That looks like so much fun. The GoPro's mic really doesn't do the car justice.

Vipers have never really sounded like much at anything but WOT with their stock exhaust system IMO.

Vipers have never really sounded like much at anything but WOT with their stock exhaust system IMO.

While it's certainly louder than a normal car (some of my neighbors probably hate me), yeah it doesn't start to make you cream your pants until 3-4k RPM. It's why I don't shift into 2nd gear until 35-40 MPH. :)

(select 720p or 1080p for this video for better audio)

I could certainly go for aftermarket exhaust but I don't want to introduce drone at highway speeds nor do I want to piss off the neighbors any extra.

rootrider (Joel) can confirm that the car sounds fine though. I gave him a ride and let it scream. :)

Last edited:
The wide angle lens actually increases sense of speed. If you had a normal 50mm or something, it would look pathetic :p

I snorted some beer at *THUD* OH SHIT.

That's what you get for putting 3 tons of engine over the front wheels.

I snorted some beer at *THUD* OH SHIT.

That's what you get for putting 3 tons of engine over the front wheels.

The car weighs 3300 lbs and has 51/49% weight distribution. :p

The nose just hangs out far and is low to the ground. :?

IMG_9683.JPG

Missed the actual "rollover". :(

gratz on the trollover

Just make sure you don't miss the one in 312 miles.

IMG_9799.JPG

I did 192 miles today which put me perfectly at the mark just as I was turning onto my street. :D

(12033 taken above was on Friday morning before I drove the 1-2 hours from the beach to home)

- - - Updated - - -

I did 192 miles today

IMG_9788.JPG

Mt. St. Helens :)

Wow that is insanely beautiful. And I'm from Norway, we have fjords and steep mounatins but this is just..