Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

The Rainbow Viper Club. :p

Drove up the observatory at Mt. St. Helens with 73 other cars this weekend (mostly Challengers). Here's a good photo from the drive:

hPta2T2.jpg

so you are parked on the zebra crossing..

are you blind?
he's behind the wheel, at the middle of the road

my guess is he's driving...

so you are parked on the zebra crossing..

are you blind?
he's behind the wheel, at the middle of the road

my guess is he's driving...

bone is correct -- I was moving or at least waiting for the line of cars to pull into the lot at the time. I was not parked. :)

No, largely because they got rid of that crazy expensive hood. That's like a $10,000 hood that opens as one piece. Mine is traditional.

The new Gen V opens backwards once again but doesn't include the full fenders -- just part way down. Still expensive but not nearly as bad. Largest production carbon fiber piece though I think.

Last edited:
Two of us went over to a third person's house tonight and changed out the spark plugs on our two Vipers. The Gen 3 was done before I even got my first one out! The heat shield around each plug wire was a PITA to get out and don't let me start on the plugs closest to the cabin. Holy hell that's tight quarters!

Also FYI: exhaust headers are very hot. Oops.

Good on ya for doing your own maintenance!

I like working on my car (for the most part) I just don't have a place I can do it normally. :(

Also the dealer wanted $444.90 to do the plugs (which themselves cost a total of about $35). Saved a shit ton of money and only took a few hours of my time.

Yay for doing your own maintenance! Feels good.

Now try changing plugs when you have two more cylinders behind yours again :ninja:

+1 from me also. I tried to do most of my own services on my Boxster, spark plugs and coils (6 of each) were a breeze.. just removed the rear wheels and they were all right in your face :)

Click for bigger. I especially like the first one. :)

Pity it is a bit out of focus, otherwise it would be a great picture indeed.