Ownership Verified: 1965 Ford Anglia

Great job with this car dude. Really a lot of fun reading up on the restoration and the hassles it gives you :)

Yesterday:
Fitted the air cleaner I painted up.
anglia43.jpg

Today:
Attended Ripon on the 105e stand (pics later) and picked up a bargain FoMoCo hubcap. (Only need two more genuine ones now for a set).
anglia42.jpg

anglia432.jpg

Edit: Ripon pics in my massive show reports thread. Not for the 56k in us!

Last edited:
Man, great job with this!

And that air cleaner came out great too. Amazing what one can accomplish with a few rattle cans and some elbow grease.

I'm not going to spoil your neat photo thread with a reply, so I'll congratulate you here for the best stand in show. :clap:

That gloss black looks great too, I'm great with satin paint but gloss scares me. Also regarding Dibnah's LR in the photos, those front tyres do look a little thin, back ones are fine. I used to have those on the S3 (they're probably on it now), great off road but incredibly noisy on it.

Derailment over, keep up the good work. :D

To tell the truth, the fantastic shine on the lid is original FoMoCo, with some cutting and waxing. I reused the lid from the old airpan because it fit. However, the slightly less shiny filter box is all mine! ;)

Thanks for the support though, keeps me going! This week I'm going for another oil change, in the hope the two successive changes will have cleaned out the engine a bit, and then replacing all the non-copper brake pipes with copper, before another show on Sunday!

I'll admit I've been slack this week, although the appalling weather hasn't helped. Mostly indoor cleaning work, polishing, waxing and the like. Changed the oil, that's about all really!

And attended some shows.

rip28-1.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking of that actually, a friend of mine made a great video of his 100e. I'm just not quite sure I could do a decent one. I've done in-car videos of my Fiesta before, but the Anglia deserves more. Perhaps if I get a few people involved I could make one like the one I linked.

Sounds good to me. Are you planning on doing any shows closer to me? Would be great to see it in the metal.

:lmao: Most entertaining 3 minutes ever. :p