Ownership Verified: Lolvo S40 2.0T

Engine looks familiar, but it's missing a cylinder. :blink: :p

I like the facelifted S40 actually. And low pressure turbos ftw.

Polkky, you have reached the Volvo way. It is widely regarded as a point of no return for all logic and sanity.

so1g8w.jpg

Just as a heads up, you know.

Last edited:
I actually like this color :dunno:. Of course it wouldn't be my first choice for a Volvo, but its still not terrible.

Somebody on my side, thank you! :lol:

What is this trickery, why are you aligning an unloaded suspension?

Umm.. First he fiddled around with it with the suspension unloaded, then he fiddled around with it with the suspension loaded and then the steering wheel was straight. I do not know more.

Engine looks familiar, but it's missing a cylinder. :blink: :p

I like the facelifted S40 actually. And low pressure turbos ftw.

Five cylinders would be nice, but this'll do :)

Polkky, you have reached the Volvo way. It is widely regarded as a point of no return for all logic and sanity.

Just as a heads up, you know.

Dude, does this mean House will give me an extra brain? Sheesh!

"pulls like hell" apparently got redefined.. :mrgreen:

Kidding aside, could be worse than a S40, at least the exterior is not too bad :D.

Dude, does this mean House will give me an extra brain? Sheesh!

Yes. The Volvo way is carved with gibberish spouting fanatics. We lost Highvoltage that way.

Believe me, a spare will come in handy.

Polkky, I should warn you. There is a fair amount of Volvo hatred around here, you just have to get used to it

Polkky, I should warn you. There is a fair amount of Volvo hatred around here, you just have to get used to it

Aww man! Should have just told everyone that I drive a German coupe-estate-convertible. From the 80's. In black.

Now THAT is a car I want. An 850 shooting brake :p

And back on topic - nice Lolvo, Polkky - always liked the old S/V40 - and yours looks like just the right spec. Also +rep for not replacing the stock head unit when you wanted an aux in :)

Stock units are win. I have a grom audio unit myself (check my PYC thread for lots of pics and blabbering) and I'm about 80% happy with it. I had to replace it once because of noise and static, and the new one they sent me was a newer revision which sounds fine. It's also complicated enough to need firmware updates. There's no reason to fix what isn't broken though, but it's nice that they're keeping on top of stuff as new phones etc come out.

Speaking of driver aids... isn't there a button with DSA written on it between the seat heater controls? That's traction control and my parents old '98ish V40 even had it.

Yep, the Grom Audio was a nice find as it let me keep my stock HU. I really like the HU-605 on this, it works well, sounds nice and looks good, so there was no chance of changing it. I'm also quite satisfied with the Grom Audio. It even works with my phone's Google Navigation via Bluetooth, but the navigation instructions are spoken in a too low voice so you can't listen to music at the same time. Which is a shame. Otherwise it works without problems and it was really easy to install and hide all the cables.

The DSA button should be in the top row of the center console, between the seat heater switches, closer to the passenger seat. I know this because I have an empty piece of plastic riiight there :) But after seeing how the driving AIDS on our parent's 2009 Volvo works, I'm quite happy to be in charge of the car's slides..

P.S: I come up with an idea for a German car in about 0,3sec and THAT gets you guys excited?! :lol:

If the traction control on these is anything like the traction control on Volvos of yore (i.e. mine), it does nothing to control slides. It only "helps" at launch under 25mph(40kmh).

We had the DSA in our 2002 V40 T4. The only thing I remember was how to turn it off.

If the traction control on these is anything like the traction control on Volvos of yore (i.e. mine), it does nothing to control slides. It only "helps" at launch under 25mph(40kmh).

The DSA button in the parents Phase 1 model was down in the middle right in front of the gear shifter. And it was just traction control, not stability control... but it did cut engine power, unlike HighVoltage's pre-drivebywire S70. But it did it very abruptly. Didn't work very well. It works a lot better on the P2 volvos, and I'm assuming on the drive by wire 99-00 version of the old model too. I don't mind mine at all, tbh. If it cuts in, you're doing it wrong anyway. /gramps hat off