Ownership Verified: Lolvo S40 2.0T

Yeah, it's the first car I broke the 200km/h barrier. The car I learned the basics of power sliding. The car I drove through Stelvio Pass. I might be a bit biased.

fMYh7.jpg

They've even aged rather well, if you excuse the tail lights.
I would get aftermarket tail lights for it.. A lexus without lexus lights
http://img444.imageshack.**/img444/6355/dsc02916aake2.jpg

I would get aftermarket tail lights for it.. A lexus without lexus lights

oyJP3.png

I put normal lights into your lexus lights ..

62897.jpg

No, wait.

I'm sure the IS is a good car but somehow it just doesn't work for me. I find it quite old and ugly and in my opinion the Lexus lights work better on a Mazda 6 :p I'm thinking more like an E87 116d or a 118d, they're just damn expensive.

In other news, the service guys found the reasons for all the newest shit going on: the check engine light and stalling are apparently because the MAF doesn't send any signals to the engine and for reasons beyond my understanding the excessive fan blowing happens because the bottom of the ignition (virtalukon pohja in rally language) is broken. An interesting series of events happened while cruising on the motorway at 90km/h: the accelerator felt sluggish and then while pressing the clutch, the engine just turned off. At 90km/h. In rush hour traffic. One could say this is almost like an old Lamborghini, trying to kill its driver and all.

A broken ignition lock can cause all sorts of insane problems all over the car.

Yeah, it could be just something real simple like that.

Just fix the issue, take a breath and drive around a bit. It's always a bitch when a car breaks down, but you'll soon remember why you bought it in the first place.

.. And when you finally realize it's just a dumb Volvo, call me up and we'll find you a proper car. (Does not include 116.) :hammer:

Last edited:
I'm sure the IS is a good car but somehow it just doesn't work for me. I find it quite old and ugly and in my opinion the Lexus lights work better on a Mazda 6 :p I'm thinking more like an E87 116d or a 118d, they're just damn expensive.

In other news, the service guys found the reasons for all the newest shit going on: the check engine light and stalling are apparently because the MAF doesn't send any signals to the engine and for reasons beyond my understanding the excessive fan blowing happens because the bottom of the ignition (virtalukon pohja in rally language) is broken. An interesting series of events happened while cruising on the motorway at 90km/h: the accelerator felt sluggish and then while pressing the clutch, the engine just turned off. At 90km/h. In rush hour traffic. One could say this is almost like an old Lamborghini, trying to kill its driver and all.

I once had the engine die on me at 80 km/h in a (sharp) corner -> bye power steering...

Quite a bit more uncomfortable than in rush hour. :p

(engine restarted when I released the clutch, luckily)

Yeah, it could be just something real simple like that.

Just fix the issue, take a breath and drive around a bit. It's always a bitch when a car breaks down, but you'll soon remember why you bought it in the first place.

.. And when you finally realize it's just a dumb Volvo, call me up and we'll find you a proper car. (Does not include 116.) :hammer:

Nope, trading it in before the next thing brakes.

I once had the engine die on me at 80 km/h in a (sharp) corner -> bye power steering...

Quite a bit more uncomfortable than in rush hour. :p

(engine restarted when I released the clutch, luckily)

Mine restarted after turning the power off completely and then back on again. Luckily I was going in a straight line, so the lack of power everything was not such a big disaster.

116i is too much a BMW ForFour.

I realized this after frankiess banged his head on the table long enough. And besides, I want more poweeerrrr and my yearly commute of 30 or so thousand kms would make the other type of fuel a better idea. So a 118d is now on the top of my list. Most of them seem to be ex-leasing cars, that has its ups and downs.

Maybe get a W116 instead? :mrgreen:

Meh, old Mercs are even less my cup of tea than oldish Lexuses :lol:

Most of them seem to be ex-leasing cars, that has its ups and downs.

Rigorously maintained cars with a supposedly firm German build quality. In this case I'd see it as a definite plus.