Ownership Verified: My Brooklands Green sports saloon...

No, I have an ex-wife and three kids. Until they all reach the age of 18 (not the ex obviously) disposable income will remain a distant memory.

Current plan:

Install service parts when they arrive and get the car running properly.
Replace the one ruined tyre, leave on the old, but not damaged, ones.
Leave in garage until the roads are less salty (although I might end up using it when the Yaris goes for it's MOT).
Replace rest of tyres before regular use returns in Spring.

Thus the Triumph is road legal and available for emergency use, the 'Yota is still good for daily transport

Last edited:
Wow, good spot!

The first two bottom row L to R are LHD and look like they have an old country sticker "B" showing and the right hand one could be a yellow NL.

(I thought it was a picture of the final assembly "quality check" at the BL factory, back in the 1970's. :p)

EDIT: Dammit, pipped by Andeh!

Last edited:
How hard can it be? :jeremy:
If they had made an estate I would have gone for that model. Sadly the only made a couple of mockups when they were building the 1300fwd.
dolomite_08.jpg

It was cancelled as they already had the Herald estate and didn't have any money.

In other Triumph news I spent 3 hours in the garage last night setting all the spark plug gaps. To get at them required removal of the alternator which was a complete bitch to get out of the way as I had no idea what I was doing. (Now it's a 15min job). Went to start the engine, it spun over a couple of times, almost fired and then got slower, and slower, and slower.

Bollocks. At this point I gave up and went to bed because it was nearly 1am.

Today I got the multimeter on the battery after work this afternoon to find it flat, opened it up, all cells were low on water. Got some deionised water and a battery charger this evening, hopefully I'll be able to get the damn car running...

New battery is on order and should be ready to collect by Thursday at the latest. I've been driving the car every 3 days to keep it topped up but a recent cold snap killed it dead which coincided with the Yaris un-bolting it's driver's side windscreen wiper for teh lulz (in the pissing rain, at night) and I didn't like the fact I had two cars and neither of them was roadworthy. :rolleyes:

I also went to the liberty of identifying the most serious scruffy bits...

P1015105_1024x768.jpg

P1015103_1024x768.jpg

P1015101_1024x768.jpg

P1015102_1024x768.jpg

It's trying to rot off the awful two tone paint job.

If it starts first kick in current UK weather conditions without a choke, you've probably got the carbs set rather rich.

It's trying to rot off the awful two tone paint job.

Looks less like two tone and more like red oxide primer applied around all the areas likely to rust. I'd say it was a budget rustproofing attempt

If it starts first kick in current UK weather conditions without a choke, you've probably got the carbs set rather rich.
Yup, it is running rich, that's the job this weekend. Although I tend to use a bit of choke on cold starts.
Looks less like two tone and more like red oxide primer applied around all the areas likely to rust. I'd say it was a budget rustproofing attempt
I'd imagine so, he's painted the common rot-spots. It hasn't worked. :lol:

Anyways, in the 3 days I've left it sat it's decided it no longer wants to engage 2nd gear properly on downshifts. Looks like I'm going to learn double declutching and rev matching as it is probably worn synchros showing in the cold weather... Also got a new battery but need to test the alternator first to actually find out if it's working properly to make sure I don't damaged the battery.

Anyways, in the 3 days I've left it sat it's decided it no longer wants to engage 2nd gear properly on downshifts. Looks like I'm going to learn double declutching and rev matching as it is probably worn synchros showing in the cold weather... Also got a new battery but need to test the alternator first to actually find out if it's working properly to make sure I don't damaged the battery.

You could also try double de-clutching (wiki) when changing down, it may help. :dunno:

Seems like the whole car is a "common rust spot" :)

I'd say that's on the conservative side. I wouldn't be surprised if it contaminated everything in a 2 mile radius.