Ownership Verified: Out with the hairdressers car. In with the Pony!

Great car! Congrats on the purchase - that rear view is wicked cool.

Welcome to the stripes club when you get them!

Thanks everyone for the words and congratulations!

Congrats!! It looks amazing! I notice you got it from Tom Holzer. Thats the dealer that we take my moms escape to for service. Great dealer.

Have you done a good Ol' fashioned 'MURICAN burnout yet? :p

What CAPT_Howdy said. Wire me the money for a new set of rubber, and I'll show up to your place and coat the driveway with the factory set.

LOL, so even the dealer's fix couldn't keep the Audifail from returning. Great German engineering there... :p It was also amusing to watch the haste with which you suddenly switched cars when the Audi suddenly started disintegrating. :p

Congrats on the new Mustang.

Well, I didn't take it to a dealer. I took it to a shop thats been servicing Audis and VWs for the last 32 years. The fix they thought of would've worked, if the alternator wasn't fried. Since I was in for a quick fix that literally needed to last me the day, so I figured it wasn't - and even if it was, I thought I'd get away on the brand new battery.

And why did he have a problem in the first place, necessitating the fix attempt, hm?

Well it did have 140k miles. Show me a car that can get away with never having a single problem after driving that much. Its just that my problems were very untimely. Although no car should ever try to melt its own fuse box like mine did.

I can't wait to see the stripes! I've always wanted a car that can pull them off without looking douchey.

Congrats!

Great car! Congrats on the purchase - that rear view is wicked cool.

Welcome to the stripes club when you get them!

The stripes will probably end up waiting until the spring. There was a misunderstanding at the dealer when I initially described to them the design I want, so their reasonable price quote shot through the roof when it was corrected. So now I'm going to go out and find an aftermarket graphics shop, but in order to avoid the cold since I'm sure the vinyl and the adhesive won't like that right away, I'll do it when it starts to get warm. But don't worry, I'm going to 100% end up with stripes. And this gives me some extra time to contemplate designs although I'm fairly sure I know what I want.

Congrats man!

Love the color!

When I was 17 I got to drive a friends Mustang GT and accidentally left a long posi strip across the road as I took off. To be fair, my DD at the time was an underpowered non-turbo Saab so this thing caught me off-guard.

Thats what I thought would be happening to me after the Audi, but its actually very easily to drive sensibly. That said I'm being very gentle with her as she only has about 250 miles on the clock.

Last edited:
Well it did have 140k miles. Show me a car that can get away with never having a single problem after driving that much. Its just that my problems were very untimely.

Most cars don't have a known electrical failure due to crappy design that causes parts to melt as well as being a potential fire hazard at 140K, though. :p

Yeah, I edited my post to include that fact as you posted. :lol:

Yeah, that is particularly wretched - and yes, worse than Lucas, who at least made arrangements to keep the inevitable molten fuse box plastics contained in metal well away from anything else that could go on fire. :p

Anyway, you're planning to keep this for a long while, right? If so, and if it's not too late, I'd suggest that you might want to get the extended optional powertrain warranty because of the MT82 issues - just in case.

Yep, already did, and for that exact reason. 72 months/100k miles for all the powertrain bits.

Great color!
Great looking car.
Congrats!

I have to admit, I'm very jealous right now. This does look fantastic...and I don't even like Mustangs that much.

Hope you like it and I hope it doesn't give you any trouble.

Now you have an even GIRLIER car! :lol: (Well, at least for 'round here, anyway.)

I LOOOOOOOVE the color, though. LOVE. :wub: Very nice!

Me:
american-welch-s-concord-grape-jelly-jar-bigger-32oz-jar--6162-p.jpg

DAMN those seats look nice!

Nice colour, 'grats :)

Once again, mucho congrats. The best Mustangs Ford have made to date. It looks good, it sounds good, and it feels good. And had you turned down the car because of the Recaros, I'd have had to fly down there and smack you. Those seats are fantastic, especially on long road trips.

JALOPNIK EXCLUSIVE: THIS IS WHY PEOPLE THINK MUSTANG DRIVERS ARE ASSHATS

Love the Recaros, btw. Rest of the car's pretty good too. ;)

Awesome! 420hp for under 25.000eur, America is truly heaven on earth!

the V6 mustang is 50000usd here... :(

How would the prices stack up if you bought one here and imported it yourself? Or can you not do that?

With taxes, a GT configured like I want would be 50000$ where I live.

And a Boss 302 60000$ :(