Ownership Verified: Out with the hairdressers car. In with the Pony!

And if you cross into New Hampshire - say, Lancaster, Colebrook or Gorham, you wouldn't have to pay sales tax.

I would have to pay 15% sales tax when I import it into Canada. So it doesn't mater which state I would buy it in, as I believe the state tax I could get back.

Anyway, I'll stop polluting this thread with these hypothetical prices... :)

Im going to have soooo much fun with this. More fun than I should. Got back to my apartment today and just sat there in my carport scrolling through colors.

Terrible color combo of the day:
ogNvy.jpg

Will be back to green/green for my drive to work. Gonna try out a red/white/blue 'Murrica color combo tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Donatello the Ninja Turtle comes to mind.

Nice. Love the colour. I wish I had gotten a louder colour on my Jeep. That green is amazing!

A bit late to the party...

Congrats on the car! Looks great!

See, if I didn't need a somewhat decent practical car for winter around here I'd be all over one of these. And it would look ridiculous(ly amazing) parked in front of the house next to the old green one.

Looks great, now take care of it. I'll see if I can get some pictures of my dash tonight if you want to replicate a more authentic vintage color scheme.

And here we go. Real life color is the bluer side of green, these were originally lit up with blue lenses over small incandescent lamps, so the yellow light from the lamp shines through the blue lens which fairly quickly discolored a bit to green and makes the instruments light up even more green than originally intended. The running pony on the speedo lights up red when the bright headlights are on, and the turn signal triangles on the outside of each end light up a much bluer light than the rest. And all the needles are bright orange of course.

Did you actually want a lime green Mustang? Or were you just looking for the perfect car to fit your screen name? :p

And here we go. Real life color is the bluer side of green, these were originally lit up with blue lenses over small incandescent lamps, so the yellow light from the lamp shines through the blue lens which fairly quickly discolored a bit to green and makes the instruments light up even more green than originally intended. The running pony on the speedo lights up red when the bright headlights are on, and the turn signal triangles on the outside of each end light up a much bluer light than the rest. And all the needles are bright orange of course.

Very nice and classy. I can try to get my gauges to be same color, but my needles are set to red, and obviously I can't rearrange my turn signals and everything. I'll try to get a picture with the old color scheme later tonight.

Did you actually want a lime green Mustang? Or were you just looking for the perfect car to fit your screen name? :p

I actually wanted the a lime green Mustang. I love that color. If I was getting something to fit my screenname shouldn't I have got a lime green Lada Niva or something?

Last edited:
This car makes me want to move to America. I love it. Congratulations.

This car makes me want to move to America. I love it. Congratulations.

Awww common, Australia isn't all that bad though. If I could get a supercharged 5.0 FPV ute or the LS2 powered HSV Maloo ute, I absolutely would.

Last edited:
Awww common, Australia isn't all that bad though. If I could get a supercharged 5.0 FPV ute or the LS2 powered HSV Maloo ute, I absolutely would.

For the same money either one of those cost, you can get a 662hp supercharged nutter in America. We get ripped off here in Australia.

I am saving my sheckels to buy a Mustang myself. A V6, post 2010 will do me fine. I should have enough saved by the end of 2014 (he said hopefully) to buy a 2011... About time I replaced my well-past-its-prime 1992 Nissan NX2000. Got that one new.

I will watch this thread with envy, and live my life vicariously through you until then :).

Awesome car!!

I totally want one. (Grabber Blue with silver stripes - to co-ordinate with my current car) Ford need to hurry up with their rumoured RHD versions.
To get one new, imported, and converted to suit Aussie regulations bumps the cost up to over $100,000 AU.

Last edited:
'Tis the season... for convertibles.... clearly....

Congrats on an awesome car and a ballsy colour choice :thumbsup:

Where do I keep finding people as insane as me?
M2LKp.jpg

Oh, there are plenty of people who make poor car color choices. ;)

Joking aside, not bad at all, and glad you're enjoying it. There's a part of me that wants a GT, but then I remember I want to significantly downsize my car if I can.