Ownership Verified: An Italian from Illinois

PelicanHazard

Car(s)
'13 Dart, '03 Ranger, '20 390 Duke, '22 K16GTL
Proof (sorry it's so crap, a wild storm appeared, can retake if need be):

YewNj.jpg

EDIT: By-the-books proof:

DWIzJ.jpg

It's replacing the 2006 Nissan Sentra I've been driving since '08.

HFndU.jpg

And competing with my brother's Focus

SWjXj.jpg

hMGWw.jpg

Bonus for my upload screw-up:

BhFDm.jpg

Last edited:

Pictures not showing up

You know, going back through the pictures, the Dart makes the Datsun look more brown than red... :lol:

Kind of surprised you got a red one. Considering you didn't want the same car as your brother, I would have thought you would have gone for blue or black or something.

Looks good, though - congratulations!

Initial thoughts on the touchscreen stereo?

Everything but the nav is pretty intuitive. The only thing I don't like is the vent selector (floor, head, both) is only on the touchscreen and doesn't have its own hard keys.

Kind of surprised you got a red one. Considering you didn't want the same car as your brother, I would have thought you would have gone for blue or black or something.

Looks good, though - congratulations!

I didn't like the other colors.

Everything but the nav is pretty intuitive. The only thing I don't like is the vent selector (floor, head, both) is only on the touchscreen and doesn't have its own hard keys.

I agree about the nav. I've never found it to be very easy to use. I ask about the stereo because i'm on the development team for the radio at Harman. :) I'm interested in a bit of actual user feedback.

What's with you guys and red cars (both your old cars are red and both your new cars are red). :p

Nice Dart btw. :)

Nice! I like the Dart a lot!

Glad to see you went with the manubox. Have fun with her.

I love the looks of the new Dark. I can't wait to hear more from your personnel experience with it.

I hate to be pedantic, but you'll need to put the proof paper through the shifter.

I hate to be pedantic, but you'll need to put the proof paper through the shifter.

Will retake tomorrow, when there's better light.

I agree about the nav. I've never found it to be very easy to use. I ask about the stereo because i'm on the development team for the radio at Harman. I'm interested in a bit of actual user feedback.

Ask me what you want, then, and I'll be happy to add a data point to your research :)

Last edited:
Congrats, it looks good in red. :)

What's the 1.4T like to drive?

Congratulations! I really like the Dart, good looking car. The 1.4T should be pretty reliable and have plenty of power where you need it :)

What's the 1.4T like to drive?

If you're driving carefully (like in very gradual speed changes, slow cruising and such), it is very reluctant to move the car. For science, I wanted to see what it would be like accelerating from 35 to 40 mph on a fairly level road while keeping the instantaneous MPG counter above 40. I'm pretty sure a poorly-maintained 2CV could have outrun me.

For more typical city driving, it behaves in line with other cars on the road and can keep pace.

In the case of pedal-to-the-metal, it has an initial shrug where it doesn't seem to accelerate much while I'm still letting the clutch out, then it accelerates alright, then the turbo reaches max boost and it takes off with a surprising amount of gusto. I reached 40 in 2nd gear going up a hill just shallow enough to not be good for sledding in a much shorter span of time than my old Sentra would have taken.

No boost gauge, but the instantaneous MPG scale serves as a substitute,