X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof Photo Posted An Italian from Illinois

Proof (sorry it's so crap, a wild storm appeared, can retake if need be):

EDIT: By-the-books proof:

It's replacing the 2006 Nissan Sentra I've been driving since '08.

And competing with my brother's Focus

Bonus for my upload screw-up:

Last edited by PelicanHazard; December 9th, 2012, 8:03 PM. Reason: approved
    2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T Limited 6spd First car! 12/2012 -
    2013 FIAT 500 Pop Second/Girlfriend's Car! 03/2014 -
    2003 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab 10/2016 -

Pictures not showing up

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
    2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
    1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
    1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Serves me right, fixed.

Comment

You know, going back through the pictures, the Dart makes the Datsun look more brown than red...

My Car(s):
        2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S sedan - 1.8L I4, 4-speed automatic - work commuter (PYC coming soon)
        2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback - 2.0L I4, 5-speed manual - weekend/road trip warrior
        1999 Chevrolet Cavalier sedan - 2.2L I4, 3-speed automatic, crap-ton of rust and not much else (first car) - SOLD!

Comment

Initial thoughts on the touchscreen stereo?
          2013 Subaru BRZ. #Handling
          2004 GMC Yukon. #TowRig and #Daily

Comment

Kind of surprised you got a red one. Considering you didn't want the same car as your brother, I would have thought you would have gone for blue or black or something.

Looks good, though - congratulations!
            Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevs753 View Post
              Initial thoughts on the touchscreen stereo?
              Everything but the nav is pretty intuitive. The only thing I don't like is the vent selector (floor, head, both) is only on the touchscreen and doesn't have its own hard keys.

Originally posted by CAPT_Howdy View Post
              Kind of surprised you got a red one. Considering you didn't want the same car as your brother, I would have thought you would have gone for blue or black or something.

Looks good, though - congratulations!
              I didn't like the other colors.

Comment

Those kerbs look like alloy killers! Glad I don't live in the states.

Nice car as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PelicanHazard View Post
                  Everything but the nav is pretty intuitive. The only thing I don't like is the vent selector (floor, head, both) is only on the touchscreen and doesn't have its own hard keys.
                  I agree about the nav. I've never found it to be very easy to use. I ask about the stereo because i'm on the development team for the radio at Harman. I'm interested in a bit of actual user feedback.
                  2013 Subaru BRZ. #Handling
                  2004 GMC Yukon. #TowRig and #Daily

Comment

What's with you guys and red cars (both your old cars are red and both your new cars are red).

Nice Dart btw.
                    "Don't brake. Don't brake. Don't brake....MY LEG'S GOT A MIND OF ITS OWN AND IT'S BRAKING!"- Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Out of the engine eater and into the fire Dart.

Congrats, hope you enjoy it!

And no street racin', you two!

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
                      Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Sport
                      Cars:Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Jaguar XJR 4.0
                      Broken:Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4

Comment

Nice! I like the Dart a lot!

Glad to see you went with the manubox. Have fun with her.

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                        2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                        2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                        1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                        1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

I love the looks of the new Dark. I can't wait to hear more from your personnel experience with it.

I hate to be pedantic, but you'll need to put the proof paper through the shifter.
                          bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                          "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                          "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Originally posted by argatoga View Post
                            I hate to be pedantic, but you'll need to put the proof paper through the shifter.
                            Will retake tomorrow, when there's better light.

Originally posted by Sevs753 View Post
                            I agree about the nav. I've never found it to be very easy to use. I ask about the stereo because i'm on the development team for the radio at Harman. I'm interested in a bit of actual user feedback.
                            Ask me what you want, then, and I'll be happy to add a data point to your research
                            Last edited by PelicanHazard; December 9th, 2012, 1:37 AM.

Comment

Congrats, it looks good in red.
                              "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

What's the 1.4T like to drive?
                                2014 Opel Insignia Country Tourer Biturbo CDTI 4x4
                                For once I don't have the same car as everyone else.

Comment

Congratulations! I really like the Dart, good looking car. The 1.4T should be pretty reliable and have plenty of power where you need it
                                  ||| 2015 F20 BMW 116d LCI (company car)
                                  ||| 1993 Mercedes-Benz W124 250D

Comment

Originally posted by Andeh View Post
                                    Those kerbs look like alloy killers! Glad I don't live in the states.
                                    Do they not have curbs in your cities?
                                    There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Perc View Post
                                      What's the 1.4T like to drive?
                                      If you're driving carefully (like in very gradual speed changes, slow cruising and such), it is very reluctant to move the car. For science, I wanted to see what it would be like accelerating from 35 to 40 mph on a fairly level road while keeping the instantaneous MPG counter above 40. I'm pretty sure a poorly-maintained 2CV could have outrun me.

For more typical city driving, it behaves in line with other cars on the road and can keep pace.

In the case of pedal-to-the-metal, it has an initial shrug where it doesn't seem to accelerate much while I'm still letting the clutch out, then it accelerates alright, then the turbo reaches max boost and it takes off with a surprising amount of gusto. I reached 40 in 2nd gear going up a hill just shallow enough to not be good for sledding in a much shorter span of time than my old Sentra would have taken.

No boost gauge, but the instantaneous MPG scale serves as a substitute,

Comment

Originally posted by NecroJoe View Post
                                        Do they not have curbs in your cities?
                                        Aside from the odd exception, most kerbs in my area are relatively short. The ones here look much taller.

Comment

Working...
                                        X