Ownership Verified: So I bought myself a JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA........

Rex Luther

Car(s)
Honda Jaaaaaazz, 89 M-B 300 CE
....AAAAZ.

We needed something more dog friendly, I tested a bunch of candidates, totally surprised myself when I found the Jazz the best fit.
Picked up this one for a song (has a few minor dents and scratches, getting a mate to sort them out on the cheap) complete with some rather *cough* ricerish additions.

PC150066_zps16aeb083.jpg

PC150065_zps3563a210.jpg

Red badges are good for an extra 50 HP, Faux Carbon Fibre Vinyl bonnet wrap reduces total curb weight by 200 Kg.
PC150067_zps0f115483.jpg

PC150072_zps9fa0aa60.jpg

Proof pic, because I for one am sick of phoney try hards on the internet pretending to be Honda Jazz owners.
PC150069_zps1b756fb8.jpg

The main motivator for the purchase:
PC150083_zps412c589c.jpg

PC150079_zps4c03e677.jpg

The amount of space in the back of these things is ridiculous.

Pros:
Engine revs up REALLY fast.
Gear shift is amazingly good.
Space.
Comfort.

Cons:
The juries still out on this variable electric steering.
Thats about it at this stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot naff steelies and hideous carbage-fibre vinyl on the bonnet under Cons. Please tell us all that you plan to change those before posting any more pictures?

Nice car, I've always had a soft spot for small Hondas and this one's no exception.

You forgot naff steelies and hideous carbage-fibre vinyl on the bonnet under Cons. Please tell us all that you plan to change those before posting any more pictures?

Steelies are always better than ricer aftermarket alloys.

Back story:
In Perth, it is very common for Indonesian/Malaysian/Singaporean students to come over to study at university, buy a Honda Jazz new, then sell it cheaply before heading back home after completing their studies. When the owner is male, they nearly all come head to head with some truly awful customisations. This one was lucky to get away with only red badges and shitty vinyl. :p

Nice car, I've always had a soft spot for small Hondas and this one's no exception.

Steelies are always better than ricer aftermarket alloys.

If you have an old man's Mercedes and beard to match then yes. :tease:

Some second hand OEM alloys would be fine if you want to avoid the ricer look. Most Jazzes in the UK have factory alloys and look fine.

Based on the title, you need this. So the dog isn't transported...it's chauffered.

If you have an old man's Mercedes and beard to match then yes. :tease:

Some second hand OEM alloys would be fine if you want to avoid the ricer look. Most Jazzes in the UK have factory alloys and look fine.

Of course. I was merely stating that the steelies aren't half bad, and that it could be much, much worse. Besides, the Benz is now almost exclusively being driven by my wife.

Only if roadsters count as economy cars.

Actually, a lot of people are putting steelies on their Fits here because of a rash of thefts of alloys. The steelies in this case go with the car. As the only Fit owner on FG who actually admits it (until now), I highly approve. Get rid of the wrap and carbon fiber bullshit, though.

Is this an '09 or '10?

Wish there was an '08 available to you. I personally think they're better-looking, and the interior is far less playpen-like. Yeah, they've got a little less power, but you still have to live with those can-operate-with-mittens controls. If you can stand that, the trade-off for lower mileage is worth it. Still, you own one, so welcome to our little club of two. The dogs get honorary membership.

Yeah, wrap will go but I only picked it up on Friday!

Well, yeah, but I still don't want another Fit owner to have to live with this abomination for very long. The ricing isn't your fault, but it's now your responsibility to rid the world of it with extreme prejudice.

Have you noticed that your car looks a lot like your dog's head?

When I pulled this up on my smaller screen, the thread title was:
"So I bought myself a"

And then, when I mouse-over-ed the thread title, it continued with:
"....AAAAZ."

I was confused...

When I pulled this up on my smaller screen, the thread title was:
"So I bought myself a"

And then, when I mouse-over-ed the thread title, it continued with:
"....AAAAZ."

I was confused...

Yes my attempt at bait and switch humour was thwarted by the forums software.