Ownership Verified: Snow White

Polkky

Car(s)
Eunos Roadster 1991, Renault Clio 2014
After losing all trust in the Lolvo and getting fed up with it going all Italian on me, I took frankiess and a friend of mine to go car shopping. I'd been looking at 118d E87's and E81's during the past week and actually found one worth a test drive.

I drove it carefullyish as I don't have that much experience with RWD in real life but when given the driver's throne, frankiess beat the shit out of the diesel. Both of us liked the car given that it was quite basic spec: no cruise or engine block heater..

After haggling and thinking and eating burgers and thinking some more we actually got into a point where the asking price of the BMW was quite bearable. Some moments passed, a few papers were turned, my bank account was emptied and all of a sudden I had the keys to a 3 door 2009 BMW 118d with 80 000km's in my hand.

A few quick and low quality pics:

http://imageshack.**/a/img811/197/img0471yv.jpg

http://imageshack.**/a/img836/8092/img0469d.jpg

http://imageshack.**/a/img204/7771/img0476gh.jpg

http://imageshack.**/a/img11/7673/img0479wab.jpg

http://imageshack.**/a/img191/4716/img20130113174347.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the White car section of the BMWGear club. :cool:

That was quick.

Nice trade up! :thumbup:

Hardly beating the shit. :rolleyes:

Indeed, a good choice. 1-series was better than I expected. Now I'm a bit scared to test drive the 135i, as I might just go and accidentally buy one..

Do it.

(Why is there a picture of a lady on my key fob?)

http://imageshack.**/a/img594/5765/img20130114142307.jpg

some kind of option for couples using the same car, one key for him, one for her?

Congrats on your purchase! I approve your choice.

some kind of option for couples using the same car, one key for him, one for her?

Congrats on your purchase! I approve your choice.

Thought so, I have to change keys at home tonight; it's not cool to drive around using a girl's key..

Thanks for the positive feedback everybody! :) I'll shoot more photos and report experiences sometime in the near future.

"A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a shitty lock.?

Congrats on the update from a Japanese/French bastard built in the Netherlands with a Swedish badge to a pure-bred Bavarian dieselhatch.

Changed the keys, now there's no lady in the fob. I had to go through the car's settings again though, this key has most definitely been used by a teenager.

To sum up the first two day's experiences of the little white German thing: fun.

While the Volvo was a battleship only suitable for going in a straight line or sideways with the rear wheels locked, the BMW is a little go-kart making fun of the bigger cars around it. After an understeering FWD it's a huge amount of fun to throw a short wheel based RWD into corners. The power output in the Volvo was quite dramatic and more sudden than in the BMW. Instead of gluing your arse to the seat for a short while, the BMW just feels like it could give the same amount of torque all the way from 0 up to the end of the world. So the acceleration is more or less similar to Volvo's, it just happens without such a hassle.

The BMW is much quieter than the Volvo, even quieter than frankiess' Audi. The ride comfort is also spectacular, it just flows over bumps while still maintaining a stiff corner experience. After my previous Skoda, Nissan and Volvo, this one's definitely the most German :)P). I mean, of course I've always wanted to adjust whether the blinker blinks once or three times when pressed lightly, how long my lights stay on after turning the power off (10-240sec) and which doors open when pressing the unlock button, but the most amusing feature is the ability to open the windows with the remote control. One could ask what's the use but I'll just keep quiet and fiddle around with the settings.

The TCS takes excellent care of the driver, even with studdless rubber and icy roads. Without the system, the car just spins around like a lunatic.

but the most amusing feature is the ability to open the windows with the remote control. One could ask what's the use but I'll just keep quiet and fiddle around with the settings.

To get the stale, hot air out of the car on a hot summer's day (I heard those exist even in Finland) before you get in. It's quite a nifty feature.

It's like the #2 feature I'd like in a remote-controlled anything related to my car... (though I care more about the reverse; possibility to get the windows up by remote..)

#1 would be remote-controlled webasto.

A finn that went for the "right engine" in the E8x, I am surprised :p. The last one told me getting a 18d instead of a 16i is IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY ;). 18d Facelift, sport steeringwheel and shifterknob, auto-ac. Not a lot, but enough and a rock-solid car! Have fun! I know you will :).

To get the stale, hot air out of the car on a hot summer's day (I heard those exist even in Finland) before you get in. It's quite a nifty feature.

It's like the #2 feature I'd like in a remote-controlled anything related to my car... (though I care more about the reverse; possibility to get the windows up by remote..)

#1 would be remote-controlled webasto.

Hmm.. That does make sense. Never had this kind of options, so don't really know what to do with them :)

A finn that went for the "right engine" in the E8x, I am surprised :p. The last one told me getting a 18d instead of a 16i is IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY ;). 18d Facelift, sport steeringwheel and shifterknob, auto-ac. Not a lot, but enough and a rock-solid car! Have fun! I know you will :).

In the end, the price difference between a 16i and 18d of the same age is not that much when you take into account that you get a totally different car for the extra cash. Not that I've ever tried a 116i, just heard that it sucks IRL as much as it does on paper.

Yep, my car is quite basic spec, but it has all the necessities. Funs will be had, I promise!

Went through the VIN:

S1CAA SELEKTION COP RELEVANTER FAHRZEUGE Selection of COP relevant vehicles
S1CBA CO2 UMFANG CO2 package
S1CCA AUTO START STOP FUNKTION Auto start/stop function
S1CDA BRAKE ENERGY REGENERATION Brake Energy Regeneration
S216A SERVOTRONIC HYDRO STEERING-SERVOTRONIC
S230A EU SPEZIFISCHE ZUSATZUMFAENGE Extra package, EU-specific
S255A SPORT-LEDERLENKRAD Sports leather steering wheel
S258A BEREIFUNG MIT NOTLAUFEIGENSCHAFTEN Tire with run-flat functionality
S2KCA LM RAEDER V-SPEICHE 141 BMW light alloy wheel, V-spoke 141
S2PAA RADSCHRAUBENSICHERUNG Lug bolt retainer
S320A MODELLSCHRIFTZUG ENTFALL Deleted, model lettering