Snow White

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof Photo Posted Snow White

After losing all trust in the Lolvo and getting fed up with it going all Italian on me, I took frankiess and a friend of mine to go car shopping. I'd been looking at 118d E87's and E81's during the past week and actually found one worth a test drive.

I drove it carefullyish as I don't have that much experience with RWD in real life but when given the driver's throne, frankiess beat the shit out of the diesel. Both of us liked the car given that it was quite basic spec: no cruise or engine block heater..

After haggling and thinking and eating burgers and thinking some more we actually got into a point where the asking price of the BMW was quite bearable. Some moments passed, a few papers were turned, my bank account was emptied and all of a sudden I had the keys to a 3 door 2009 BMW 118d with 80 000km's in my hand.

A few quick and low quality pics:

Last edited by Quiky; January 27th, 2013, 11:10 PM.
    The toys:

Eunos Roadster and a white Clio.

i approve. my dad had a 120d, lovely car.
    2015 Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Welcome to the White car section of the BMWGear club.

Comment

That was quick.

Nice trade up!

1990 W124 230 E - Everyday mule - better than ever!
        1985 W123 230 TE - Ex-280 TE - now retired to become a 300 TD
        1976 W115 200 D - "From zero to barely moving and back to zero again in 80 days"
        1980 W116 280 S - Classic Sunday car, mostly due to the horrendous fuel consumption
        1979 O309 508 D - 'Blume' Ex-police Bus

Comment

Approved!
          Fuel consumption: https://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detai...ht/687230.html
          Gallery of the e30 restoration: https://db.tt/hbFq2YSh

www.LPEpower.com
          If you want to contribute to the rebuild of the E30, paypal is: nicjasno@gmail.com

Comment

Hardly beating the shit.

Indeed, a good choice. 1-series was better than I expected. Now I'm a bit scared to test drive the 135i, as I might just go and accidentally buy one..
            Originally posted by IceBone
            Don't worry, frankiess is a life coach, he knows these things.
            Ladies and gentlemen, we are in a little bit of a predicament
            http://twobitsofluggage.wordpress.com - Stuck in Barcelona for a while

Comment

Do it.

(Why is there a picture of a lady on my key fob?)

The toys:

Comment

some kind of option for couples using the same car, one key for him, one for her?

Congrats on your purchase! I approve your choice.

Comment

So, have you seen the llllllady on my key fob?

There's an innuendo in there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by C3Vette View Post
                    some kind of option for couples using the same car, one key for him, one for her?

Congrats on your purchase! I approve your choice.
                    Thought so, I have to change keys at home tonight; it's not cool to drive around using a girl's key..

Thanks for the positive feedback everybody! I'll shoot more photos and report experiences sometime in the near future.
                    The toys:

Comment

Comment

Congrats on the update from a Japanese/French bastard built in the Netherlands with a Swedish badge to a pure-bred Bavarian dieselhatch.
                        1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
                        1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
                        2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
                        2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
                        2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
                        Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

Originally posted by Adunaphel View Post
                          Congrats on the update from a Japanese/French bastard built in the Netherlands with a Swedish badge to a pure-bred Bavarian dieselhatch.

Comment

Changed the keys, now there's no lady in the fob. I had to go through the car's settings again though, this key has most definitely been used by a teenager.

To sum up the first two day's experiences of the little white German thing: fun.

While the Volvo was a battleship only suitable for going in a straight line or sideways with the rear wheels locked, the BMW is a little go-kart making fun of the bigger cars around it. After an understeering FWD it's a huge amount of fun to throw a short wheel based RWD into corners. The power output in the Volvo was quite dramatic and more sudden than in the BMW. Instead of gluing your arse to the seat for a short while, the BMW just feels like it could give the same amount of torque all the way from 0 up to the end of the world. So the acceleration is more or less similar to Volvo's, it just happens without such a hassle.

The BMW is much quieter than the Volvo, even quieter than frankiess' Audi. The ride comfort is also spectacular, it just flows over bumps while still maintaining a stiff corner experience. After my previous Skoda, Nissan and Volvo, this one's definitely the most German (). I mean, of course I've always wanted to adjust whether the blinker blinks once or three times when pressed lightly, how long my lights stay on after turning the power off (10-240sec) and which doors open when pressing the unlock button, but the most amusing feature is the ability to open the windows with the remote control. One could ask what's the use but I'll just keep quiet and fiddle around with the settings.

The TCS takes excellent care of the driver, even with studdless rubber and icy roads. Without the system, the car just spins around like a lunatic.
                            The toys:

Comment

Originally posted by Polkky View Post
                              but the most amusing feature is the ability to open the windows with the remote control. One could ask what's the use but I'll just keep quiet and fiddle around with the settings.
                              To get the stale, hot air out of the car on a hot summer's day (I heard those exist even in Finland) before you get in. It's quite a nifty feature.
                              1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
                              1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
                              2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
                              2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
                              2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
                              Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

It's like the #2 feature I'd like in a remote-controlled anything related to my car... (though I care more about the reverse; possibility to get the windows up by remote..)

#1 would be remote-controlled webasto.
                                M-B 560 SEC 1989 | M-B 300 SEL 1989

Comment

A finn that went for the "right engine" in the E8x, I am surprised . The last one told me getting a 18d instead of a 16i is IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY . 18d Facelift, sport steeringwheel and shifterknob, auto-ac. Not a lot, but enough and a rock-solid car! Have fun! I know you will .

Want to support the FinalGear Ringmeet? Feel free to donate! We'll make sure to put it to good use. Or buy more booze.

Comment

Originally posted by Adunaphel View Post
                                    To get the stale, hot air out of the car on a hot summer's day (I heard those exist even in Finland) before you get in. It's quite a nifty feature.
                                    Originally posted by Jupix View Post
                                    It's like the #2 feature I'd like in a remote-controlled anything related to my car... (though I care more about the reverse; possibility to get the windows up by remote..)

#1 would be remote-controlled webasto.
                                    Hmm.. That does make sense. Never had this kind of options, so don't really know what to do with them

Originally posted by thomas View Post
                                    A finn that went for the "right engine" in the E8x, I am surprised . The last one told me getting a 18d instead of a 16i is IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY . 18d Facelift, sport steeringwheel and shifterknob, auto-ac. Not a lot, but enough and a rock-solid car! Have fun! I know you will .
                                    In the end, the price difference between a 16i and 18d of the same age is not that much when you take into account that you get a totally different car for the extra cash. Not that I've ever tried a 116i, just heard that it sucks IRL as much as it does on paper.

Yep, my car is quite basic spec, but it has all the necessities. Funs will be had, I promise!
                                    The toys:

Comment

As a former E87 118d (albeit pre-facelift/M47) driver, I know you will have fun .

Want to support the FinalGear Ringmeet? Feel free to donate! We'll make sure to put it to good use. Or buy more booze.

Comment

Went through the VIN:

S1CAA SELEKTION COP RELEVANTER FAHRZEUGE Selection of COP relevant vehicles
                                        S1CBA CO2 UMFANG CO2 package
                                        S1CCA AUTO START STOP FUNKTION Auto start/stop function
                                        S1CDA BRAKE ENERGY REGENERATION Brake Energy Regeneration
                                        S216A SERVOTRONIC HYDRO STEERING-SERVOTRONIC
                                        S230A EU SPEZIFISCHE ZUSATZUMFAENGE Extra package, EU-specific
                                        S255A SPORT-LEDERLENKRAD Sports leather steering wheel
                                        S258A BEREIFUNG MIT NOTLAUFEIGENSCHAFTEN Tire with run-flat functionality
                                        S2KCA LM RAEDER V-SPEICHE 141 BMW light alloy wheel, V-spoke 141
                                        S2PAA RADSCHRAUBENSICHERUNG Lug bolt retainer
                                        S320A MODELLSCHRIFTZUG ENTFALL Deleted, model lettering
                                        S321A EXTERIEURUMFAENGE IN WAGENFARBE Exterior parts in vehicle color
                                        S428A WARNDREIECK Warning triangle and first aid kit
                                        S441A RAUCHERPAKET Smoker package
                                        S473A ARMAUFLAGE VORN Armrest front

S493A ABLAGENPAKET Storage compartment package
                                        S494A SITZHEIZUNG FUER FAHRER/BEIFAHRER Seat heating driver/passenger
                                        S4CGA INT.LEISTEN SATINSILBER MATT Interior strips, "satin-silber" matt
                                        S502A SCHEINWERFER-WASCHANLAGE Headlight cleaning system
                                        S520A NEBELSCHEINWERFER Fog lights
                                        S534A KLIMAAUTOMATIK Automatic air conditioning
                                        S698A AREA-CODE 2 Area-Code 2 for DVD
                                        P7RPA ADVANTAGE PAKET Advantage package
                                        S842A KALTLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG Cold-climate version
                                        S850A ZUSAETZL. TANKFUELLUNG EXPORT Additional Export tank filling
                                        S853A SPRACHVERSION ENGLISCH Language version English
                                        S863A SERVICE KONTAKT-FLYER EUROPA Retailer Directory Europe
                                        S885A SCHWEDISCH / BORDLITERATUR On-board vehicle literature Swedish
                                        S896A TAGFAHRLICHTSCHALTUNG Daytime driving light switch
                                        S8SPA COP STEUERUNG Control unit COP

S8TGA DIEBSTAHLSICHERUNG Thiefproofing device

S548A KILOMETERTACHO Kilometer-calibrated speedometer
                                        The toys:

Comment

Working...
                                        X