Ownership Verified: Bethany: altoid's 2006 SV650S(F)

:thumbup:

Lovin' it! The sound a stock SV makes is marvellous, I can only imagine what the Yoshi does to it!

:thumbup:

Lovin' it! The sound a stock SV makes is marvellous, I can only imagine what the Yoshi does to it!

You know, I should totally make a video of that, even if just with my iPhone. I honestly feel it's pretty glorious, but I may be a bit biased. :D

You have my

One of the best modifications you can make to the SV once you get more experience with it and you start pushing it a bit more (either on the street or on the track) is suspension improvements.

For the rear shock, there are various OEM swap that are almost bolt-on and easy to do, and will make it a lot better.

For the forks, a spring change is in order if you weight more than 150lbs.

When I had my SV I only did the shock swap, going for a GSX-R1000 (don't remember the exact year).

The stock rearsets are also very low, and can easily grind if you push it a bit in the corners. I changed mine for aftermaket ones, Vortex adjustable if I remember correctly.

Due to certain poor decisions I'd made, I shall be selling the bike shortly to dig myself out of a rather deep financial hole. Good thing selling a motorcycle in SoCal is a piece of cake.

Also, BlaRo, want to buy an SV in great condition?

Booo, I just bought a bike :p

Hope you can get back on soon!

Hope you can get back on soon!

Thanks!

I'll likely first focus on geting a bicycle and replacing my car (Miata?), and then work on getting another motorcycle.

I want a motorbike :(

Sad to hear. :(

You can always get another SV later, once your back on top financially.

Good luck with the sale.

Depressingly, I just finally settled on a name: Bethany. :lol:

It's OK, I've been sorta unhappy ever since I got the bike. Between not having any time to ride, needing a lot of time to get comfortable, and generally questioning the financial soundness of my decision, it wasn't all as perfect as I wanted it to be. Next time it will. :)

Well...I still have the bike. :lol:

Since I bought it from a very good friend, I didn't get the title at the time of purchase. Back in March, when I decided to sell it, I retrieved said title and took it to AAA to retitle her in my name. Well, the DMV took forever to process the application, and then proceeded to send the title to my friend's old address, which is now only his dad's address, because he's in college elsewhere... Long story short, the title is finally on its way to me, so I will soon be able to sell it...

...Except I just got a new job today. My financial troubles are over for the time being (contract-to-hire makes me ever so slightly nervous), so I won't be selling the bike after all! :D

In fact, I just ripped out the battery again (dead after not being started for months...) and put it on the charger tonight. Starting tomorrow my car won't be there blocking the bike's exit all day long, so I thought it may be wise to have the Gorilla alarm functional, should someone attempt to relieve me of her (which happened with my bicycle last June...).

First paycheck arrives on 6/19, and insurance gets restarted right away. And I shall ride again, sooner than I anticipated! :) :thumbup:
VroomVroom.gif

Reactions: TC
Very happy to hear that! :thumbsup:

Battery wasn't charged enough to do anything more than provide faint parking lights. Even the dash wouldn't light up. Put it back on the charger ? we'll see if it's any good tonight, after roughly 20?22 hours of charging.

I may need a new battery, though. Suggestions?

1. I'm not setting foot into WalMart.
  2. Are all batteries made the same? I'd like something decent. Bonus points if it's an Amazon Prime item...

1. I'm not setting foot into WalMart.
  2. Are all batteries made the same? I'd like something decent. Bonus points if it's an Amazon Prime item...

Most of the batteries you will find out there are going to be pretty much the same quality in general, with the exception of Yuasa and Shorai. However, those are usually much more expensive than the commodity batteries and you'll have to decide if it's worth the additional expense. The Yuasa is the OEM supplied battery and it is likely to last much longer than the commodity stuff. The Shorai is the new Lithium Iron battery and those weigh less while putting out more power and potentially having a longer life.

Here is the Yuasa for your bike: http://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-YUAM32ABS-YT12A-BS-Battery/dp/B000N5R6WM

A commodity battery will cost about half that. Only you can decide whether it's worth the additional cost for, say, 50%-90% longer lifespan and having to wait to get it.

Last edited:
Most of the batteries you will find out there are going to be pretty much the same quality in general, with the exception of Yuasa and Shorai. However, those are usually much more expensive than the commodity batteries and you'll have to decide if it's worth the additional expense. The Yuasa is the OEM supplied battery and it is likely to last much longer than the commodity stuff. The Shorai is the new Lithium Iron battery and those weigh less while putting out more power and potentially having a longer life.

Here is the Yuasa for your bike: http://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-YUAM32ABS-YT12A-BS-Battery/dp/B000N5R6WM

A commodity battery will cost about half that. Only you can decide whether it's worth the additional cost for, say, 50%-90% longer lifespan and having to wait to get it.

Well, I have Prime, so it's 2-day free shipping, and I'd say it's worth it. If the one I have home doesn't work after nearly 24 hours of charging, I'll be ordering one of these as soon as I start collecting those paychecks.