Ownership Verified: A stablemate for the Mustang (Miata content inside)

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Yep, I had somewhat of an impulse buy.

A friend mentioned he was picking this up a few weeks ago, but for the right price he'd be willing to sell it. That right price was an incredibly good deal so I decided to jump on it.

Big thanks to jibduh for helping me pick it up and bring it back to my apartment.

Made it back!

For 130k miles, it is a beautifully clean engine.

Proof pic

And some free literature in the trunk

Now for some details. Its a 1992 NA. Mariner Blue. 130k miles. Only option it has is AC. The previous owner put on Flyin' Miata springs and 5way Tokico shocks on all four corners, FM shock mounts on the back, FM sway bars front and back, and a Hard Dog roll bar. From what I can tell its in absolutely excellent condition.

The only thing I know of that needs work is the linkages that connect the popup motors to the popup housing (you can see it in the first pic). The drivers side sticks up a bit too much, which is a simple adjustment. The passenger side needs the linkage replaced which is a 5 minute job, and I have the replacement in the car.

I'll get more pictures later on a day with better light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Good luck with it. Love that it came pre-caged. What sort of plans do you have for it, other than "high performance?"

Beautiful color for a great car!

Thanks! As BlaRo put it, I now own 2 garishly hued cars :lol:

Awesome! Good luck with it. Love that it came pre-caged. What sort of plans do you have for it, other than "high performance?"

My plans for now are to keep it as is and start taking it to track days and autocrosses to get a better understanding of car control. Once I get more comfortable, I'll start looking into other mods.

Last edited:
My plans for now are to keep it as is and start taking it to track days and autocrosses to get a better understanding of car control. Once I get more comfortable, I'll start looking into other mods.

Speaking of Autox, the Detroit SCCA events start in May. I'm going to be going to the "Starting line/evo school" since it's my first time. For ~$400, you instruction, scca membership and a helmet. More info here.

Now get yourself that yellow Volvo and you'll be on your way to a packet of Starbursts.

Just when I thought I would spend an entire day without hating you people for having cheap cars...
Don't rub salt in my wounds, as in, please don't mention how much you paid that.
/rant.

Congrats, looks like such a fun car. :thumbsup:

Now get yourself that yellow Volvo and you'll be on your way to a packet of Starbursts.

I was thinking M&Ms. :D

The whole thing looks incredibly clean, congrats. Enjoy it!

Sat in one the other day, the want is strong with this one. Love the blue!

tumblr_mevwosbT901qaihkbo1_500.gif

How cheap was it if you don't mind me asking... You called it "an impulse buy."

Now you'll be able to find out what a corner feels like! :D

Got her registered and plated. Taking her to work tomorrow morning!

sYOvkTm.jpg

Whats all that then :p
Next branding the Mustang.

I love that color AND it came with a rollbar?!

I hate you so much right now. :lol:

Very nice!

:hmm: I'm not too sure that's what that decal was supposed to go on :lol:

I did a 300 mile drive to Pittsburgh yesterday. Naturally I had my full tookit in my trunk, and I've been keeping the stickers in the top drawer waiting for the first nice day out. The Mustang is getting her treatment on Monday.

On a different note. Hooray coolant leak developed after that 300 mile drive :(