Ownership Verified: A stablemate for the Mustang (Miata content inside)

:lol:

X2

On my 919 I thought some plastic mount was broken and making this horrible buzzing sound. Spectre and I replaced the headlight with an HID and I discovered that the disconcerting and annoying buzzing was just the headlight surround :p

...Turned out it was the gift I had bought for my girlfriend rolling around my trunk banging into sheet metal.

Soo.... you bought your girlfriend a metal banging rolling present? Hmmmm.. ideas, thoughts rushing thru my mind...

On my 919 I thought some plastic mount was broken and making this horrible buzzing sound. Spectre and I replaced the headlight with an HID and I discovered that the disconcerting and annoying buzzing was just the headlight surround :p

We had opposite situation with friends w202 from the Merc club. He arrived at meeting point, complaining that "something makes clicking noise in the back".

Turned out his whole underframe (attach-thingie between rear suspension and body) was held in only by force of gravity. So parking brake turn or a fresh start could be spectacular.

Last edited:
Yesterday the Jeep, today the Miata. Finally got around to tackling the leaking valve cover gasket. Been loosing lots of oil and can't find a leak anywhere else, so this was a prime suspect. Plus it was cheap, easy and needed to be done sooner than later.

II6INlb.jpg

BzCaxi5.jpg

My tiny gasket next to one for my buddy's M52 BMW motor. Its soooo tinyyyy
bnWXUTG.jpg

Rather pleased with the general state of things.
tZLajoJ.jpg

Mighty fine looking valve cover gasket/tablecloth there..... :)

Did my monthly start-up and warm-up on the Miata and Mustang on Wednesday. Moved the Miata out of the way of my garage to let the Mustang out. Went to move it back and the clutch just falls to the floor. No resistance or anything. Car has the feeling that its stuck in neutral because I can shift gears with the engine running but not move anywhere.

Quickly checked around the master and slave cylinders and there's no sign of leakage. Master cylinder reservoir is also full. Was too cold and dark to continue root causing so will need to return to it when I have time during a weekend. Not an amusing situation though.

It had been really cold at night here, so it might be frozen moisture in the fluid.

It had been really cold at night here, so it might be frozen moisture in the fluid.

Probably it. Tried it again just now and had more pressure than its ever had. Time to bleed the system.

Probably it. Tried it again just now and had more pressure than its ever had. Time to bleedflush the system.

Fixed. ;)

Not much going on with this car. Just using it to get from here to there. Haven't had to to get it in shape for track days or anything. But I did cross the 150k milestone today

L9PcXvYl.jpg

v3iv2uSl.jpg