Ownership Verified: Resistance was futile! My 1988 BMW 5er

It's gonna look sweet! Old grandpa trying on some younglings shoes!

Those don't look anything like yours.

It's still gonna be fine.

Yeah, I realised that after I posted :p Not really on the pace today.

I swear I see E34s on a daily basis with these wheels, and similar E60 and E90 wheel designs.

Relax, they look good! At least they're not fake M5 wheels which is what most people put on their 5ers here. The only time they start to look chavvy is if you went for ones that were too big. Definitely a fine choice for winter wheels.

Last edited:
Also got some pics for you from Saturday:

erftorf.jpg

2JuQEzg.jpg

fxDUimp.jpg

aCfkU8x.jpg

Personal opinion and all that; but please put the old ones back on. This just looks silly and tacky to me. The old ones are awesome. :no:

Well, those are winter wheels and he'll probably swap the Style5:s on as soon as winter has passed.

Personal opinion and all that; but please put the old ones back on. This just looks silly and tacky to me. The old ones are awesome. :no:

I couldn't find a set of 15" style 5's in my budget with winter tires that weren't too old.

Edit: I will be searching for a set of 16" style 5's next summer - I don't think I will put the 15's back on at this point.

Last edited:
Edit: I will be searching for a set of 16" style 5's next summer - I don't think I will put the 15's back on at this point.

That may prove to be harder than you might think. "Proper" for E34 16x7 style 5 with ET20 are hard to come by and are expensive. Unless the seller is clueless. The typically sold ones are 16x8 from E38 with ET23, recognized by the round (and not hexagonal) center caps. I'm sure public has told you about the difficulties involved with putting those on E34.

What you need is some 17" AC Schnitzers :ninja:

That may prove to be harder than you might think. "Proper" for E34 16x7 style 5 with ET20 are hard to come by and are expensive. Unless the seller is clueless. The typically sold ones are 16x8 from E38 with ET23, recognized by the round (and not hexagonal) center caps. I'm sure public has told you about the difficulties involved with putting those on E34.

I know :p

I am also looking at the 17" BBS versions, but they are at least ?700.

What you need is some 17" AC Schnitzers :ninja:

Oh yeah, I think I know someone who has some of those! :p

So, Update.

When I go sideways now it is far easier to control :D - I also don't get wheelspin in the wet at 1500rpm with the clutch half in!

GF approves of the better tires, it apparently feels much safer at around 200 :D