Ownership Verified: Resistance was futile! My 1988 BMW 5er

ok, then I got some wrong information from larswey. He told me that there have only been two owners of the car in Germany. Is the mileage at 192k guaranteed correct ?
Sincerely Tore L

Last edited:
If it's any help, I found the service book to be at least believable and the car felt a lot less loose than my 1995 E34 which had 250k on the clock.

It feels tight as a drum compared to 95% of other E34s i've been in.

Hello Mikko:) Have you owned this vehicle?

- - - Updated - - -

Hei Adrian :-D Har du litt info om bilen du ogs? ?

Hello Mikko:) Have you owned this vehicle?

- - - Updated - - -

Hei Adrian :-D Har du litt info om bilen du ogs? ?
I'll stick with english, so others can follow :)

I don't have any first-hand experience driving it, but i've been lucky enough to enjoy it as a passenger many times since Joe / Loose_Unit first acquired it, and as stated earlier it's always felt like a very well-sorted E34. The shifter is the best i've tried in any E34, no idea how that has come to be - the car seems to have been loved from day one of it's life. Larswey has taken it up another notch and seems to me at least have cared for it very well as well. Mer b?r jeg ikke si, da jeg finner bilen s? attraktiv og ?nsket at jeg vurderer ? kj?pe den selv ;)

I have a good feeling about the condition of this car, so the information that i`m now trying to collect is just to make sure ;-)

Last edited:
ok, then I got some wrong information from larswey. He told me that there have only been two owners of the car in Germany. Is the mileage at 192k guaranteed correct ?
Sincerely Tore L

Well the service book was stamped by the original owner of the car until he sold it which was at about 150,000km or so - I am not 100% sure as teh logbook went with the car - but it was regularlly serviced by BMW until that point, the next person who bought it did apparently do the basic servicing but didn't get the book stamped, then I did the same.

The car was at 180 - 182k when I sold it or there about's, and I have been looking a little bit for another 535 but cannot find one nearly as nice as that car. I would have kept it had it not been for a) not having covered parking so it was just sitting outside deteriorating and b) GF lost half of her income when she moved jobs and so we needed to organise our finances and couldn't do that with a car sitting there!

Hello Mikko :) Why do you have the servicebook to the 535 ? Are you one of the previous owner of this car ?

- - - Updated - - -

Tnx for the info loose_unit :)

Hello Mikko :) Why do you have the servicebook to the 535 ? Are you one of the previous owner of this car ?

When I was looking at the car, Public saw the pictures of the service book, and then he saw it in person when he was in Germany.

Tnx for the info loose_unit :)

Happy to help! I just want to see this awesome example of an E34 last!

:lol: No, he isn't. By "I found the service book to be at least believable" he means that he saw the book and thinks it's genuine.

I've also been in this car on multiple occasions (also have driven it a bit), and frankly I saddens me that Lars has to sell it, because it's as solid as any E34 I've ever seen ;)

Also I'm not Mikko, but we can find a Mikko somewhere here :) But yeah, I just checked the book when I had the chance.

No worries Loose_Unit. I have a deal with Lars now and going to buy it within a week. It will have a safe and happy home here with me-) I've had four and now own my fifth e34. I am obsessed with these cars and will take good care of this car:) I'm also 45 and finished wearing out tires;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Ha ha, ok, I only saw that it was Mikko below the picture you see :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Hey MXM:) I understand, I do not think Lars selling the car with a light heart. But he can rest assured that his car gets a good home here with me-) I love these cars and every e34 I had, was in better condition when I sold it than when I bought it:)

No worries Loose_Unit. I have a deal with Lars now and going to buy it within a week. It will have a safe and happy home here with me-) I've had four and now own my fifth e34. I am obsessed with these cars and will take good care of this car:) I'm also 45 and finished wearing out tires;-)

I am sorry to hear that Lars has had to sell it :-( But I guess it's just how it went. I am glad to hear it's going to a good home!

Also, you should never finish wearing out tires, especially rear ones! :-D

Ha ha, maybe I can start to wear out tires now that I finally get a machine that is strong enough:) I will not go into why Lars has to sell his car. You have to ask him yourself. We all have our reasons for doing what we do. Anyway, I can not wait to go and pick up this vehicle. I might make a thread here to continue to document my ownership and the way forward for this car? Have a nice day Joe:)

I might make a thread here to continue to document my ownership and the way forward for this car? Have a nice day Joe:)

I look forward to seeing it! Cheers!

Hello loose_unit :)
Can you contact me at my epost ? I dont know how to contact you on an inbox :p

I am unable to PM you, but I will reply here.

Sending (and receiving?) private messages normally requires something like 50 posts but I've manually promoted BimmerLorris into that usergroup.

Tnx a lot Viper007Bond :-D I am now the owner of loose_unit and larswey`s old 535i :-D I`m going to post as much I can about my new car in the future :)

Just want you guys to be reminded of that I continue the history of loose unit and larsweys beautiful 535i in my thread