Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The turbocharged rear wheel drive Swedish luxury sedan!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof Photo Posted The turbocharged rear wheel drive Swedish luxury sedan!

I give you the pinnacle of Swedish engineering, in 1991, the Volvo 960!

- 2.0 16V Turbo, 190hp, rwd, 4-speed manual with overdrive.
    - 1 previous owner, 200.000km/125.000miles.
    - Rust free, close to perfect interior.

My 1988 Lancia Delta HF Turbo
    My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

Very nice!

I love the massive control pods for the seats

Congrats!

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
    2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
    1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
    1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

OK, but why?
      WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Originally posted by avanti View Post
        I give you the pinnacle of Swedish engineering, in 1991
        Cough I like how subtle they were about the fact that it's turbocharged; there isn't even a turbo badge on the engine, just one on the intake box.

Originally posted by MWF View Post
        OK, but why?
        An old silver Volvo sedan? It's the closest thing you can get to an invisibility cloak on the roads.
        Last edited by Labcoatguy; October 28th, 2013, 2:27 PM.
        "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
        -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Originally posted by MWF View Post
          OK, but why?
          Why not?
          My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

Comment

Lolvos are beige, silver is the new beige.

And that's from a middle aged Golf driver.

Looks to be in good nick though and if you're happy with it then that's all that matters. Could be worse - you could have just bought a second Triumph Dolomite.
            WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Congrats!
              I think it's awesome and it looks in mint condition, I want it!

Comment

That is awesome and I love the fact it has the Italian-spec 2.0-litre turbo.

Comment

This has to be one of the things volvo did for italy. First time I've seen or heard of a 960 without a 3.0 i6 or the later 2.5 i6.
                  Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Comment

yeah, its an italian "tax-special", back in the day the VAT on cars over 2 liters was 38%, almost double of what you paid for cars under 2 liters.
                    My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

Comment

What does the Stop-button do on the seats? Stops them moving in case somebody might get injured?

Anyway, despite of my general opinion of Volvos, I kinda get the RWD models. Especially with leather and a turbo! Congrats!
                      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Lastsoul View Post
                        What does the Stop-button do on the seats? Stops them moving in case somebody might get injured?
                        Once you have found your preferred position you press the stop button, that way the seat does not move if you were to touch the other buttons by accident.
                        My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

Comment

Ah, interesting, and makes sense in a very sensible way!
                          flickr

Comment

Electric leather seats and aircon -Nice! Does it have the optional LSD?

Comment

Oh yeah. One of the very best Volvo engines in a proper RWD sedan. Only thing cooler than that is the 780 with the same engine.

Originally posted by Anesthesia View Post
                              First time I've seen or heard of a 960 without a 3.0 i6 or the later 2.5 i6.
                              Well, they also made that incredibly unfortunate batch of very early examples with the PRV V6...

Comment

Originally posted by Posmo View Post
                                Electric leather seats and aircon -Nice!
                                the seats are also heated, electric windows, electric mirrors (also heated) and electric sunroof.

Originally posted by Posmo View Post
                                Does it have the optional LSD?
                                yes
                                My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Anesthesia View Post
                                  This has to be one of the things volvo did for italy. First time I've seen or heard of a 960 without a 3.0 i6 or the later 2.5 i6.
                                  You got the 960 Turbo, which is 4cyl, in all countries, just with a lot nicer interior and such than a 940 Turbo.

"Vikings don't rape and pillage anymore, they drive like warriors instead."

Comment

Originally posted by Hemily View Post
                                    You got the 960 Turbo, which is 4cyl, in all countries, just with a lot nicer interior and such than a 940 Turbo.
                                    No we didn't. Since if we did you could turbcharge the 960 here. And that's impossible because of legal technicalities that state roughly that in a car that new you can drop in a turbo without a massively expensive test(also near impossible)if an engine with a turbo was available. We've tried it with a few 960 but they've all failed at the legal aspect of the matter.

Some cars though have gone past this legal issue due to technicalities in the paperwork, and in the past you could get around this issue.
                                    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Comment

Originally posted by Hemily View Post
                                      The 190hp B204FT 16V Turbo 4 cyl was only available in Italy and possibly Japan.
                                      Last edited by avanti; October 28th, 2013, 7:54 PM.
                                      My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by avanti View Post
                                        The 190hp B204FT 16V Turbo 4 cyl was only available in Italy and possibly Japan.
                                        maybe i should have been more specific

you get the B230FT powered 960 Turbo in Europe in general, the 2.0 turbo i've never even heard of before.

Though i know Italy get some special models for some reason, i want a italian 240 parts car...
                                        and i know there was actually a 5cyl 240 diesel in italy...
                                        Last edited by Hemily; October 28th, 2013, 8:34 PM.

"Vikings don't rape and pillage anymore, they drive like warriors instead."

Comment

Working...
                                        X