Ownership Verified: My 09 scion xb!

RollerToaster

Car(s)
Scion xb
First things first:

Hey from the bluegrass state Y'all!

I thought I'd give a brief overview of my car for you guys :D

It started life as a wreck, which I purchased from a salvage yard for a ridiculously low price, and had some good old boys pound the body work back into shape.

After about a weeks work, she was ready to go, and the Modding began!!

The first big problem was this nasty thing in the center console:

So I replaced it with a 5 speed, and put in a TRD limited slip differential! I couldn't stand not having a 3rd pedal! I also Put in a lightweight flywheel and upgraded clutch.

I found a nice set of wheels to replace my Steelies at a local performance shop. Then I replaced the worn out 100k suspension, brakes and swaybars replaced, and she runs like a dream! It's fun to outrun rx8's on the KY backroads in a wagon, the look on their face is always priceless :D

I'm currently running an intake/header/exhaust/pulley setup...but I am on the hunt for the injectors I need so I can install these bad boys:

_DSC9483 by MckenneyImages, on Flickr

_DSC9488 by MckenneyImages, on Flickr

Let me know what you think!

I know the xb isn't everybody's favorite car, but...well..Insurance is insanely cheap, I can carry a ton of stuff, and it can handle 12psi (roughly 320whp) on the stock block :D
(I know its "wrong wheel drive", but here in Kentucky...when we get our yearly ice storm, I love waving as I pass all the rwd cars that can't even leave their driveway)

Oh, and of course..."go fast stickers"

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
I like the look. Maybe a tad too low for my taste but otherwise nice, clean look. :thumbup:

I appreciate it!

Yeah, its a biiit low for me, but when I put 17's on I got a bit of ground clearance again. I foolishly let my "stance" friends help me put the coilovers on and walked away to do something for a moment....they quickly cranked them down much lower than I intended and "forgot" to tell me until it was all put together, haha.

This is how they drive their cars around all the time! Its INSANE!!

Untitled by Wes Works, on Flickr

If you wanted to move around in a more Japanese way, you'd have to buy a Zero and a rising sun bandana ;)
Cool car in its own way, but don't you think it's screaming for a more appropriately vibrant colour? Seems a bit subdued now.