Ownership Verified: American Muscle - My 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium

So I bought a very expensive piece of paper...

Welcome to the wonderful world of German bureaucracy! Since they list the part# for the mufflers I might will get in trouble with my GT500 axlebacks... Don't know how to deal with that yet. I'm not really willing to go back to stock, plus I don't have my stock mufflers anymore...

Minor and major updates:

minor #1: I bought a set of really cheap stock mufflers off ebay, as a backup if the TUEV really won't budge on the GT500 exhaust. I'll leave them in the US for now, as shipping to Germany is more expensive than obtaining them.

minor #2: Got me and the car a little gift: It's an ITSX OBD2 programmer from SCT that works with a phone app. Mainly to read codes and get rid off the speed limiter, and also to be able to adapt to European fuel (the lowest available grade being 90 octane US equivalent).

and the major update is: the car is in transit. Went with Pangea Cargo. They operate out of Bremen and the car will be shipped from Savannah, GA to Bremerhaven. I have yet to hear an ETA, but hopefully that will come soon. Keep your fingers crossed, it cost me quite some nerves to drop a car off with the title and everything...

Here are the last pictures before it was loaded into the container at the port in Savannah:

Good idea to get pictures before it leaves. It'll be helpful should it get damaged in shipping.

Yeah I've got full insurance coverage for the transport, but since I did not actually witness them loading it into the container, I figured pictures might help in case something happened.

Why didn't you throw the mufflers in the trunk for transport?

Won't they get stolen?

UPDATE: Car will be in Bremerhaven 7/17, and will be unloaded a couple days later for customs processing. Hoping to pick it up on the 24th potentially. THIS IS EXCITING!!!

Reactions: TC
Too much other crap that needed to go in there :D The value/density of the mufflers didn't justify putting them in the car ;-)

I'd be worried it would get stolen while on the ship.

I'd be worried it would get stolen while on the ship.

That's why the car travels in an enclosed sea container. Only at the drop off location and at the shipping company where I take possession is it even visible. While in the harbor / loading / unloading of the ship the container stays sealed. Customs handling happens during unloading of the container at the shippers warehouse where I pick the car up.
I've heard so many bad stories about RoRo (RollOnRollOff) that I never really considered it. Not that much cheaper either...

Last edited:
I'd be worried about the car in such a confined space while the ship pitches and rocks. And the container loading process doesn't seem too gentle either.

UPDATE: Car will be in Bremerhaven 7/17, and will be unloaded a couple days later for customs processing. Hoping to pick it up on the 24th potentially. THIS IS EXCITING!!!

Four more days!

I'd be worried about the car in such a confined space while the ship pitches and rocks. And the container loading process doesn't seem too gentle either.

The problem is either you deal with that, but it leaves you with the option to interact with the people loading and unloading your car OR you do RoRo and some anonymous dock worker drives the car onto and off the ship and does the parking and strapdown etc. probably redlining it at every possibility...
Sadly there is no roadtrip option from the east cost to Europe :-(

I can confirm that the cover is not being replaced. Mine also has a small manufacturing defect, you can see the line where it's supposed to split for the airbag at the top.
Aaaaand you can still see it after the airbag has been replaced:

Just did mine today. The cover was replaced for sure.

Well f***...

The reunion with the car was a little underwhelming... I've got quite a bit of transport damage, especially on the hood. Overall the car was pretty filthy as you can see. Most of that was gone after a thorough detail job. Anyways I'm not sure I'd recommend pangea cargo after this experience, although the problem seems to be their contact in the port of Savannah because it was the loading into the container that wasn't done properly and all other cars in their warehouse looked ok. Insurance will take care of it, it's just another hassle I don't need...

First tank of gas was 67EUR... ouch... Driving it down from Bremen to Bochum on US plates was not very exciting. All the cops would take a look at the car and then decide they don't want to deal with the potential paperwork. So even though I've seen plenty cop cars, I wasn't pulled over once.
Currently the car sits in my garage with the tail lights sent out for euro conversion. If it goes well I'll have them back by the end of next week and then I can attempt the dreaded TUEV. I've got insurance on the US plates until the end of August, so it's not a real rush. Plus: I can't get tickets with Ohio plates :p

Dude, sucks it got damaged!

On a lighter note, how does it drive? Loving that awesome 5.0 engine in Germany yet?

Wow, really sorry to see how the shipping treated your car. At least the insurance will cover it.

Dude, sucks it got damaged!

On a lighter note, how does it drive? Loving that awesome 5.0 engine in Germany yet?

Well I was smiling the entire way. It goes into the limiter at 230kph very quickly and with ease. The suspension and brakes also feel adequate for higher speeds. Really no complaints so far!

Well I was smiling the entire way. It goes into the limiter at 230kph very quickly and with ease. The suspension and brakes also feel adequate for higher speeds. Really no complaints so far!

Awesome! I bet you'll get turned heads from the petrol heads in your country. :D