No announcement yet.

American Muscle - My 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things are looking better! Got the money from the insurance, and it's going to the bodyshop next monday.

Comment

Car was done mid December, but with snow and cold it took me almost until christmas to pick it up. Paint looks really good, they have done an excellent job. Came in 80EUR under the quote so no complaints. They warned me not to put the vinyl back onto the fresh paint, as it might pull the clear when the stripes are pulled of later. So that will be done in spring, as the car sits in storage over winter. Weather permitting I drive it from time to time, but no regular use until there is no salt on the roads anymore.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaand after a year in Germany, it's time to move on!
        Biete meinen Ford Mustang zum Verkauf,Fahrzeug ist bei mir in 2ter Hand und wurde von mir mit 5900 Meilen auf dem Tacho in den USA gekauft und nach Deutschla...

Comment

But why?
          Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
          (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

You never get bored of a car?
            ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Grip View Post
              But why?
              Well for one thing, the plan was always to sell the car in Germany to make some money off it / not make a loss. It was just a matter of when that occurs.
              I could have held on to it for longer, but I've already owned the car for almost 5 years now I want something less cumbersome and expensive. It's neither very practical nor fun here as a daily.

Comment

Macguffin65 seems to get along just fine.

How exactly are you not losing on the car? Shipping and registration plus there had to be some depreciation going on.
                1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Originally posted by 93Flareside View Post
                  Macguffin65 seems to get along just fine.

How exactly are you not losing on the car? Shipping and registration plus there had to be some depreciation going on.
                  Well first, think about where he lives (rural area) vs. where I live (densly populated metropolis with 5mio people). I would probably enjoy it lots more if I lived in the countryside.

As for the financial aspect: It's part currency conversion (when I bought the car in 2014 it cost me 21k EURO, which was a lot more Dollars then, then it is now) and the fact that I don't have to pay 20% import taxes because it was moving goods. So even with shipping and registration in Germany I can break even If i get 25k EURO for the car. Which is a realistic price, since because of the rareness the used market is also a lot better here than in the US.

Comment

Thanks for the enlightenment.
                    1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                    2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                    1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                    2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                    2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Originally posted by blackman View Post
                      I can break even If i get 25k EURO for the car. Which is a realistic price, since because of the rareness the used market is also a lot better here than in the US.
                      Looks like I'm gonna eat my words... No real interest yet. Currently offering for 27k, so there is still room. I thought I'd get more response though. Not sure if it's the price or just the small market...

Comment

You're a few years too late, I'd expect the market for unofficial imports to suffer a lot from EU-market Mustangs. It seems you can already get 2nd hand current-gen EU cars for not that much more than what you're asking.
                        Octavia
                        Fabia
                        Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
                          You're a few years too late, I'd expect the market for unofficial imports to suffer a lot from EU-market Mustangs. It seems you can already get 2nd hand current-gen EU cars for not that much more than what you're asking.
                          It would seem so. Without having the EU-market Mustangs I could have easily gotten 29k ish for the car. Now I really have to be noticeably below that to attract people.

Comment

Indeed - for perspective, list price of a new GT is around 47k€ with Tageszulassungen going for around 40k€. A five-year-old import might fetch up to half that, but not two thirds.
                            Octavia
                            Fabia
                            Beetle

Comment

wirkaufendeinauto.de offered me 21.5k, so that's the absolute bottom line

Comment

Is that their on-line figure or did you actually go there? The on-line figure is a "market price", expect their in-person offer to be 20-30% lower.
                                Octavia
                                Fabia
                                Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
                                  Is that their on-line figure or did you actually go there? The on-line figure is a "market price", expect their in-person offer to be 20-30% lower.
                                  They offered me around 650-ish for my MX-5, so in reality it would have been more like 400 euros?

Their mail spam is amazing though

Viva la Targa!

"Anybody who accuses this of being a girl car, needs to get into a Miata or Fiata on a back road. This is the most fun you can have in a car - without a girl in it." - Jason Cammisa about the ND platform
                                  "Changing gear is a vital form of self-expression that I'm being denied." - Richard Hammond on the Gen 4 Clio RS
                                  "These cars remind us, what driving - and in a wider sense, what motoring is all about. It's about the sensation of controlling a machine - not the speed with which you cover ground." - Chris Harris on the Caterham Seven and the purity of driving

Comment

Well, when I was selling the Eos I got varying figures on-line from 15 to 17k, and they offered 13k in person... sold it for 16250 about 5000km later
                                    Octavia
                                    Fabia
                                    Beetle

Comment

Working...
                                    X