Ownership Verified: American Muscle - My 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Things are looking better! Got the money from the insurance, and it's going to the bodyshop next monday.

Car was done mid December, but with snow and cold it took me almost until christmas to pick it up. Paint looks really good, they have done an excellent job. Came in 80EUR under the quote so no complaints. They warned me not to put the vinyl back onto the fresh paint, as it might pull the clear when the stripes are pulled of later. So that will be done in spring, as the car sits in storage over winter. Weather permitting I drive it from time to time, but no regular use until there is no salt on the roads anymore.

But why?

Dr_Grip;n3550508 said:

Well for one thing, the plan was always to sell the car in Germany to make some money off it / not make a loss. It was just a matter of when that occurs.
I could have held on to it for longer, but I've already owned the car for almost 5 years now I want something less cumbersome and expensive. It's neither very practical nor fun here as a daily.

Macguffin65 seems to get along just fine.

How exactly are you not losing on the car? Shipping and registration plus there had to be some depreciation going on.

93Flareside;n3550518 said:
Macguffin65 seems to get along just fine.

How exactly are you not losing on the car? Shipping and registration plus there had to be some depreciation going on.

Well first, think about where he lives (rural area) vs. where I live (densly populated metropolis with 5mio people). I would probably enjoy it lots more if I lived in the countryside.

As for the financial aspect: It's part currency conversion (when I bought the car in 2014 it cost me 21k EURO, which was a lot more Dollars then, then it is now) and the fact that I don't have to pay 20% import taxes because it was moving goods. So even with shipping and registration in Germany I can break even If i get 25k EURO for the car. Which is a realistic price, since because of the rareness the used market is also a lot better here than in the US.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

blackman;n3550529 said:
I can break even If i get 25k EURO for the car. Which is a realistic price, since because of the rareness the used market is also a lot better here than in the US.

Looks like I'm gonna eat my words... No real interest yet. Currently offering for 27k, so there is still room. I thought I'd get more response though. Not sure if it's the price or just the small market...

You're a few years too late, I'd expect the market for unofficial imports to suffer a lot from EU-market Mustangs. It seems you can already get 2nd hand current-gen EU cars for not that much more than what you're asking.

narf;n3551064 said:
You're a few years too late, I'd expect the market for unofficial imports to suffer a lot from EU-market Mustangs. It seems you can already get 2nd hand current-gen EU cars for not that much more than what you're asking.

It would seem so. Without having the EU-market Mustangs I could have easily gotten 29k ish for the car. Now I really have to be noticeably below that to attract people.

Indeed - for perspective, list price of a new GT is around 47k€ with Tageszulassungen going for around 40k€. A five-year-old import might fetch up to half that, but not two thirds.

wirkaufendeinauto.de offered me 21.5k, so that's the absolute bottom line :D

Is that their on-line figure or did you actually go there? The on-line figure is a "market price", expect their in-person offer to be 20-30% lower.

narf;n3551090 said:
Is that their on-line figure or did you actually go there? The on-line figure is a "market price", expect their in-person offer to be 20-30% lower.

They offered me around 650-ish for my MX-5, so in reality it would have been more like 400 euros? :lol:

Their mail spam is amazing though

Well, when I was selling the Eos I got varying figures on-line from 15 to 17k, and they offered 13k in person... sold it for 16250 about 5000km later :)

Found a buyer! Down payment received, it will get picked up on friday. Yay! Got decent money for it. Will probably do a full cost breakdown on the weekend. Now on to searching the next vehicle...

Reactions: TC
blackman;n3551920 said:
Found a buyer! Down payment received, it will get picked up on friday. Yay! Got decent money for it. Will probably do a full cost breakdown on the weekend. Now on to searching the next vehicle...

Awesome! I must ask, does he wear a cowboy hat and boots?

blackman;n3551920 said:

Spoiler alert: The next vehicle is a Dodge Challenger ;)