Ownership Verified: My '08 Civic

Nice find, thanks. I'll see about ordering that later on, my bank account is running on fumes now.

Finally gave her a proper wash and two coats of wax. It was clear that the GDPO has only been using a machine wash as the paintwork was like sandpaper :cry: There's also a few scratches that I was aware of when buying the car but were nicely hidden under the dirt until now, so the car definitely needs a proper buffing soonish.

IMG_3197.JPG

The panels aren't different color IRL.
IMG_3196.JPG

The parts needing love:
IMG_3192.JPG

IMG_3191.JPG

IMG_3190.JPG

Could a claybar treatment be proper first aid?

I'll have to give that a go some day. The paintwork looks really tired, so work is needed, but at least there's no rust :)

Ugh, love your car but the nostrils grille is just horrible imho.

I like how it makes things happen in the front. The present one is OK, but somehow boring.

Nothing like a freshly waxed car at 6:45 in the morning.
jua1YNMhvwdSCAtnWM4P_gnwJJw_oP5__4rzvHqGKq4=w1259-h944-no

We changed the plugs today.

IMG_20140329_165427.jpg

They weren't as bad as I had hoped but changing them did make the car clearly more responsive. The occasional juddering at low revs must then count as a feature rather than a fault. But oh boy does it like revs now :cool:

IMG_20140329_165448.jpg

Went for a 580km road trip yesterday, we went snowboarding as I refuse to admit that it's spring time.

Honda showed absolutely no problems as a road tripping machine, it was comfortable to sit in and the acceleration (and sound) when overtaking was adequate. Only the worn out studded tires need to be destroyed in the most efficient matter: they're noisy and shaky. And noisy. The consumption on the trip was 6.2/100km, not bad.

PANO_20140330_153558.jpg

I went full summer:

From
IMG_20140403_161545.jpg

To
IMG_20140404_072237.jpg

It actually looks kind of nice on those original Honda wheels, I think it slightly resembles the hero in my favorite movie ever
2714-2.jpg

One of the spokes that the lug nuts attach to (=pinnapultti) is toast, I'll have to get that changed.

There was a small dent on my front license plate thanks to the GDPO. I just had to spend 9? for a new plate because I hadn't caused the old one to bend and it irritated me.

Tomorrow it's service time: I've already driven the car about 4500km, so the clock is ticking on +140 000km. It will get an oil change, new pollen filter and brake fluids, they'll change the spoke for the wheel nut and have a look at the wandering idle revs. After that it's twisty road time!

The service was done last week, no problems there. Washed, claybared and waxed her yesterday, looking very nice now :)

I couldn't decide which color temperature looks better, so I used both:

IMG_3215.JPG

IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3219.JPG

I couldn't decide which color temperature looks better, so I used both:

IMG_3215.JPG

I like this one. Warm colours give the car some character, even though it's not ultimately honest about the car's own colour. Simple background, but still a nice effect with the crossbeams. Slightly angled ground give the aggressive styling some accent. Crop out the ground and a bit off the top though, they take up an unnecessarily large portion of the picture.

The other two pics are nice as well, but that one stood out.

As I said on facebook, I like the idea here. The background is ridiculously awesome, and you've got the elements placed pretty much perfectly. Problem is that you've got a clusterfuck of an insanely busy background, a tree from nowhere, and the rather multi-angled stylings of a bland coloured Civic in the same viewspace. End result is a picture with no clear subject, creating a restless effect. Maybe try n ever so slight blur on the background, or narrow the aperture so that the Civic stands out just a tad? The photographer gurus here will probably have something more productive and exact to say.

I want to see the civic against the purple-themed graffiti background!

Last edited:
Appreciate the comments, thanks.

I want to see the civic against the purple-themed graffiti background!

I've got some taken from another angle - I didn't like them that much, but the purple wall is more visible. The tree had to be included in the pictures because that's the only part of the wall without any stupid signs or whatever. They had also cleaned that area up a lot: the last time there were all kinds of dead cars etc. creeping around.

Oh yeah, this had slipped my mind. But frankiess, here:

IMG_3257.JPG

It's the best I could do. Straight from the camera without editing.

I spent this evening trashing around the countryside. I wanted to test where the limits of the car start to appear, but apparently I got nowhere near them. It blasted through the corners without any problems and the engine was happy and lively when the revs were on the better side of 3000rpm. The exhaust note has an ever so slight touch of sports motorcycle in it, not bad for a stock pipe :cool: It was also very beautiful and peaceful, too bad I didn't have my real camera with me:

IxuWddup31z34T-176CKDzYn8cA8SkaPvTidT4nzrtI=w1153-h865-no

I'm running a test about the consumption and overall responsiveness when using 98E5 instead of 95E10. The responsiveness has increased clearly, this evening might have an effect on the consumption...

Last edited:
I'm running a test about the consumption and overall responsiveness when using 98E5 instead of 95E10. The responsiveness has increased clearly, this evening might have an effect on the consumption...

Now running the third tank of 98E5. The car just feels better with it:

+With 95E10 it studdered occasionally when taking off, this effect has disappeared with 98E5
+I swear the exhaust note has improved
+Overall responsiveness is clearly better
+Consumption is about the same with both
-98E5 costs about 5-10c/l more. That isn't much on a 50l tank, but money is money.

I also lamin-x'd the front plastic with Tint. I kinda like it :) I'll get photos after I've had time to wash her.

After a well used 10min:
IMG_3296.JPG

Washed the rest of the car as well:
IMG_3288.JPG

IMG_3291.JPG

As I mentioned, there's Lamin-x Tint on the front plastic now and I like it there. It doesn't stand out but changes the look of the front.

IMG_3292.JPG

IMG_3293.JPG

IMG_3294.JPG

It's funny how much the trunk lid has to do with the side profile:

IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3297.JPG